Kiefer Sutherland: The Gibson Interview

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Didn't see this posted anywhere -- got this in a Gibson newsletter:

http://www.gibson.com/allaccessfeatures.aspx?aliaspath=/AllAccess/Kiefer%20Sutherland_%20The%20Gibson

It seems in between kicking some terrorist (family friendly edit).. he sits down at night and lays down some wicked guitar work, too. Kiefer is the man, just take a look at his collection of old Gibsons.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Reading the interview, he's got good taste in music as well....as a guitarist, I bet he could run rings round at least 90% of us here.....

I hate him already.....nah, just jealous.....

As well as the money he's paid for acting, wonder what sort of retainer he's on from Gibson?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

All hail Jack Bauer....err rather Kiefer Sutherland.

"Yeah, it was with the first Jimi Hendrix song I learned to play. It was either “Little Wing” or “Wind Cries Mary,” one of the two. That impressed my classmates for a moment. That was the first time I remember playing something and thinking, “Oh, this is going to be all right.” "

My favorite part of the entire article.^^ Heh.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

man, would i love to have his collection 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm a huge Keifer Sutherland fan, and I always knew he played guitar. After seeing that collection though, I'm really impressed by him. The room looks like a Gibson musuem or something.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

He's the man! I'd love to hear some of his stuff though.

A very modest man he is. Much respect from me!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

I'm the guy who is playing for the joy of it, for the pleasure,” Sutherland says. “When all the professional musicians leave my studio, late at night, that is when I go in with one light on, and get lost playing for hours, because I love it.

That's what it's all about....8)

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Great article, never knew he was a musician, much alone has a studio.

Very humble too about his playing, I like him already and a Canadian as well.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

have you seen this mini documentary on him managing a band on tour?

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1767406,00.html

Tour of duty

"Guns? Terror? All in a day's work for Kiefer Sutherland. But when the actor turns road manager, he finds this role a real challenge. He's not seen anything yet"

guess he had enough...

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sutherland%20sacked%20as%20tour%20manager_21_04_2006

"KIEFER SUTHERLAND has been sacked as the tour manager for a band he signed to his own record label. The 24 star and best friend JUDE COLE hit the road with rock group ROCCO DeLUCA AND THE BURDEN last year (05), after signing them to their Ironworks Music label, but now the act have no use for Sutherland's management skills. He explains, "I toured with the band last year. I was their road manager. I had to get them up on time. "In all fairness I only did it for 10 days, but it was the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. "I was fired. I was never happier to come back to 24 - I felt safe there. Musicians are nuts."

#4491....

ReplyQuote