Notifications
Clear all

kieth urban

15 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@cdt785)
Topic starter  

Hi.My daughter really like Kieth Urban.I have seen his videos and i look likes he can really play.Has anyone else heard of him and what are your thoughts?

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

He impresses me. I certainly respect him alot more then most other country-ish guitarist. Not that the others are bad, but I think the Keith Urban explores more or somesuch.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

I just bought three cd's for my wife for christmas, I have yet to actually listen to them myself. But apparently he is quite popular at the moment.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

I saw him live, at a country fest, i didn't go for the music per-se, but he is a real great guitarist for that genre(country). Not saying country musicians are bad guitarists, just not my type. I think he actually started as a blues guy.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I would consider him a crossover type. not straight country. He is more like country/blues/rock IMO. Here, where I live his song, "You'll Think Of Me" is played on all the rock/country stations.

He doesn't have that wangy tangy cry in my beer type country music.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I saw Keith live, in Munich, last year. He is a brilliant performer who makes the effort to involve the audience. I'd classify him as country rock - the music is definitely country, but played in a very rock'n'roll fashion.
It was pretty obvious that he enjoyed every second of the performance as well, which comes over to the audience. To be honest, I enjoy his stage performance more than the "refined" studio music on his CDs

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^Yeah I would consider him Country Rock also. I really enjoy him, and I hope that he can bring some more attention to the country genre, as there are some great musicians there, they just get covered up by not so great ones.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I think I own all his CDs. Keith is amazing live. Hes a great performer, an awsome guitarist. You should pick up his DVD "Livin Right Now" it has some great footage.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

he is an Australian that stormed the country music awards show.

I like him. he is intelligent as he pays attention to the genres in music he plays. (crossover is used).
what I like most : he plays with feeling. real genuine feeling. not poseur feeling.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

As a country music lover i don't prefer keith.He is good in some songs but not the classic country type.JMO

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I became aware of him when watching a show he did with John Fogarty on CMT. Apparently, Keith cites John as being a strong influence on him. The show was great. Now my wife is turned on to his music and she has several CD's. As others have posted, not your run-of-the-mill country style artist. He does kind of bridge the gap between country and rock/blues.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I like Keith Urban a lot. I've got several of his CD's (maybe all, not sure how many he has out) and enjoy all of them. Great guitar playing. Great song writing. More country rock than pure country for sure.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

He's not as bad as Rascal Flatts (I have to change the station when they come on). I can listen to him sometimes, He is a fine musician. Being a traditional Country Music fan, most of the new so-called country groups are hard for me to listen to.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Check this out

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-295295-videos--Keith-Urban

His newest video (released this week) "Tonight I Wanna Cry" doesn't show his guitar skills, but shows his versitility, he's playing the piano. There were alot of other songs from his latest CD that probably would've been better for his next release, but this song is probably one of my favorite, enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@psychedelic-blues)

^ I saw a bit of that video. Nice piano work he does, too.

I really admire Keith Urban's style of playing, especially him leaning more toward the country genre. A lot of energy put into it live also, and his solos are great. I don't own any of his stuff, though.

ReplyQuote