Clear all

Kings of Leon?

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Anybody heard them before? One of their songs is on that Volkswagon Jetta commercial where its the dude is with his girlfriend and they buy a house with orange (or green, I cant remember) walls and some speakers, and they're all rocking out and stuff.. and then it says "its all grown up, sort of."

I think its cool that they're doing something new, its kinda like a weird cross between southern rock and Alternative/Indie.. Its weird, but some of their songs are pretty good compared to todays standards... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I saw them open for U2 a few weeks ago, they were good. Not southern rock though, they reminded me of The Verve Pipe on steriods (in a good way)

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've heard of them, but not heard anything by them.....the big problem is, my 18-y-o daughter likes them....and if the rest of her musical taste is anything to go by, well I'm prejudiced against them from the start....

She also likes Green Day....still never heard anything by them either!!!!

Possibly, it's time I dragged my ears away from Planet Rock and Capital Gold and listened to something new.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I hadn't heard of them, but know the commerical. Not really my type of music, I am open to it though. Heck I bought the cds from the car commericals that had The Wiseguys and Dirty Vegas music in them.

As for Green Day...used to like'em, 7 years ago the stupid senior class council voted for the song "Time of Your Life" (I think thats the name)...for the graduation song...now everytime I hear it I'm reminded of the crappy people from high school. Personally I wanted G 'N' R's "Welcome to the Jungle."

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

i'm with you on that ghost, g'n'r blows greenday away

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Welcome to the Jungle would be an interesting choice for a graduation. :)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LMAO - That would have been an awesome choice, even though I'm not a big fan of G'n'R.

You've not heard bad taste until you have been to a 90's British school disco.

*shudders*

ps. Vic if Kay'Lee has bad taste in music - blame the parents! muhahah

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

^ Yeah when I was a baby, my mom and dad would always play SRV(My dad's a huge fan), Hendrix, etc. etc. And I got a little electric guitar when I was three! You could push these little buttons on it, and it would make guitar solo sound's! :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I saw Kings Of Leon twice opening for U2. They didn't impress me. The songs were eh (cept that commerical song). They couldn't come close to filling the arena. I imagine that if I saw them in a small club it would have been a great show. And all their songs sounded similar to me. I couldnt wait till they got done, cos I wanted my boys to come out and rock SOOOOO bad. At least U2 put on a stellar performance.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote