Notifications
Clear all

Marshall mg15dfx amp?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxamus)
Topic starter  

Hi all, im considering buying a marshall mg15dfx amp and are wondering if anyone can help me.I have been playing for about 10mths are enjoy playing music by metallica,guns n roses,silverchair,u2 ect.From experience can this amp produce the sound im looking for, if not can someone recommend a amp that can fit my needs. Thanks

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I've owned the MG15DFX for about four years. The overdrive on the amp isn't very good. I use it clean and have my pedal board to get the sounds I want. The reverb, delay, flange, and phaser are usuable, IMO.

So in short, I wouldn't recommend it for the sounds you are looking for. Knowing what I know now, I'd go with a small tube amp (Epi Valve JR Combo) and a pedal or two. Just my opinion though ...

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I think a cube15 might be a better choice, for metal digital modeling is the way to go IMHO, espescially when you're strapped for cash.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You may want to check out the Fender Super Champ also.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075

Here's a youtube clip to check out. Built in effects and lots of voicings to choose from for playing anythnig from blues, rock, metal, & jazz. I'm hoping Santa leaves one under the tree for me! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I'm hoping Santa leaves one under the tree for me! :wink:

Dan

And leave one for me too (any amp for that matter) ! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote