Notifications
Clear all

mesa boogie ta-15 or orange dual terror

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fabbob1234)
Topic starter  

hello. i want to know which amp out of these to has a better sound. i play metal, blues, classic rock and a bit of jazz. i want a compact tube amp because i want that tube tone without the hefty price tag. my make price is 1700$ with a 212 mesa boogie road king cab with vintage 30s. if you need to ask any questions to help me i will answer and feel free to give suggestions.

thanks,
fab

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Well, the demo videos make 'em both sound great. To my ears the Mesa seemed more versatile (much better cleans) and the Orange was more raunchy. For the various styles you're playing, I'd suggest the Mesa. Should pair better with your Road King cab, too.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Well, the demo videos make 'em both sound great. To my ears the Mesa seemed more versatile (much better cleans) and the Orange was more raunchy. For the various styles you're playing, I'd suggest the Mesa. Should pair better with your Road King cab, too.

I agree with that great assessment. Considering your style, which is going to include some jazz, and together with your Mesa cab, the Mesa amp seems to have an advantage. This is all very costly for you, so its a costly decision. You're at +2 for the Mesa.

It would be super if you could try the amps, but obvoiusly, the Mesa does better cleans. If they are mail order, or whatever... you have an idea already and it's your call.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@fabbob1234)
Topic starter  

im gonna try them both at the music store but im probably gonna go for the mesa. i just hope i'll have enough money, im gona work two jobs during the summer.

ReplyQuote
(@fabbob1234)
Topic starter  

i tried a peavey classic 50 4x10. i liked that too but the only thing im worried about is the vibration that combo amps are known to have. is this really a problem it has 5 years guarantee and its under $1000 which is awesome and i'm gonna change my bridge texas special on my american special to a dimarzio which has more output.

ReplyQuote