Notifications
Clear all

More "Recent" Artists

25 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wow, a couple I've actually heard of....the Fratellis, my daughter saw them at the V festival a couple of years back and raved over them. And Neutral Milk Hotel - I do know "Aeroplane Over The Sea" is in "Easy Songs" because I spent about a week tidying the index up.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I haven't heard of any of the bands listed so far. :oops:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I haven't heard of any of the bands listed so far. :oops:

Dan

I grew up in WI, Dan. got to leave once in a while to check out the rest of the world. :wink:

they are mostly indy and college station bands. if that's not part of your taste, you wouldn't hear of them.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I heard an intersting band on TV late last night was kindof out of it since I couldn't sleep but they sounded interesting I beleive the were called The Cold War Kids.

Never heard them before anyone know anything about them. Well checked Wikipedia and they are from Cali. I'll have to find more of their music it was interesting.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I heard an intersting band on TV late last night was kindof out of it since I couldn't sleep but they sounded interesting I beleive the were called The Cold War Kids.

they do some pretty cool tunes -- esp good lyrically.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Greg,

Yea I need to check there stuff out more whatever song was on last night was pretty cool but I have no idea what song it was.

These days I get most of my new music from my youngest daughter, she had brought to NYC to see a couple bands about a year or so ago The Autumn Leaf I think it was and Black Heart Procession.

Pretty cool bands, wouldn't be something I would have found on my own by one of the bands had some really uniques instruments like a saw.

Unfortunately I don't really listen to much radio or internet radio so I'm becoming an old fogey when it comes to new music and I should really start looking for more new stuff cuz I'm really tired of classic rock.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Back in the 70's there was a band called Caravan . . .
they had an album called In the Land of the Grey and Pink or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G61UV0U0APc
The Decemberists sound like them.

Wow! If they sound anything like Caravan I got to check those dudes out. Have a copy of In The Land of Grey and Pink and it's one of my favorite progressive albums. Love the title cut and "Golf Girl", particularly.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Just heard a tune today on XRT by Bell X1, called the Great Defector. They sound a bit like Talking Heads, IMO.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I can honestly say I've never heard of a single one of those artists....but then again, there's still a lot of music from the 60's 70's and 80's I haven't heard yet!

:D :D :D

Vic

+1

Heck, I haven't even finished working through Mozart and company yet....

I simply don't have time to try and keep up with it all. In any era you usually have to pan through a very large pile of earth to find the occasional speck of gold, so I'm probably not going to worry too much about what I might be missing. I'll just have to try and remember to buy the "Hits of the early 21st Century" when it comes out...

Maybe I should pin my hopes on an after-life where you get to listen to all the music and read all the books that you never found time for?? And I'd better add a few thousand movies, theatre performances and TV shows I skipped too... and then there's all those places round the world that I didn't visit yet... :|

Ah, sod it, I think I'll just enjoy playing my own music... I've always got time for that... :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

After reading these posts I can confidently say I am completely out of touch with recent artists. I may have heard of one of them but can't remember. Old age ain't for sissys :?

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2