Notifications
Clear all

Need some urgent Beatles-advice

22 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm with you on the Toronto version of Yer Blues...but I can honestly say I like all three versions. Also agree with you about side one of the album - raw,primitive earthy R'n'R like it never sounded before...and what a great intro!!!!

As for "Don't Worry", great opening riff, but I'd rather stick red-hot needles in my ears than listen to the rest of the side....

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

so, just came back and my favourite record store just happened to have the albums I was looking for. Let it be naked was on discount, so I got that one as well, can't hurt I guess. Will let you know if she likes it. Don't really doubt it myself, she never has been anything but happy about anything given to her.

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So what did you actually buy, Arjen?

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Let It Be, Naked is great. The remastering of "Don't Let Me Down" is fantastic, as is the remaster of "Across the Universe" -- aside from the Anthology, it's the only time you can hear the song in the right key. On the singles version given to the World Wildlife Fund was sped up half a step and the version released on the album slowed down half a step. The remastered version is back in the key of D.
It's good you got that one too!
And yes, all 3 versions of "Yer Blues" are great. I agree.
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic: I got White Album, Abbey's Road, Yellow Submarine (new version), Let it be -naked and the 'Beatles 1' single collection. Got back a few hours ago, and so far she has listened to the singles collection and Abbey's road. Both my parents seem to know all these songs so far, and I'm sure she'll like the other stuff as well.

So it worked out fine. :lol: (and gives me a chance to listen to the beatles stuff I've never heared before :wink: )

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@kalagan)

Just buy all the studio album !! I think there are 10 or 12...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2