Clear all

Perspiration

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What is it about playing a job that can make a musician sweat buckets?

We try to dress up a bit for stage work, and I have to take my sport coat to the dry cleaners after every gig. My wife tells me I don't move around that much, but there's drips on the floor and splash marks on my guitar.

Is it adrenaline? Flop sweat? My body temp seems to spike 10 degrees with our opening number. Maybe I would move around more if I wasn't' already drenched. Is this why so many acts run big fans onstage?

Sheesh!

(@niklas)
Reputable Member

Do you get nervous? I don't know if it has something to do with it, but it could be an explanation. I've never had this problem, but my former bass player used to sweat buckets. And he didn't seem to get very nervous.

Almost all pro musicians you see on stage has a lot of sweat, but I think a lot of them are just to dressed up (thinking about The Hives).

Stage lights can be extremely hot actually. They could be the reason if you play in clubs.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

We had a gig in early September and it was pretty hot in the bar, but when we hit the stage, it felt like a sauna. Not sure why it's like that. I do move around a little, but I'm not jumping around or anything crazy. Probably is adrenaline.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

What is it about playing a job that can make a musician sweat buckets?

We try to dress up a bit for stage work, and I have to take my sport coat to the dry cleaners after every gig. My wife tells me I don't move around that much, but there's drips on the floor and splash marks on my guitar.

Is it adrenaline? Flop sweat? My body temp seems to spike 10 degrees with our opening number. Maybe I would move around more if I wasn't' already drenched. Is this why so many acts run big fans onstage?

Sheesh!

We have big hot lights. I change into dry clothes after the second set, and then into MORE dry clothes to go home.

I lose a few pounds every gig.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

baby powder. one of the many many things on my check list. Raw necks are the way to go too.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

We have big hot lights. I change into dry clothes after the second set, and then into MORE dry clothes to go home.

I lose a few pounds every gig.

I have 3 words for you...LED. We got 2 of the Chauvet 4BAR setups. It has 4 multi-color LED lights on a bar and includes a nice stand and footswitch. You can link them together. You can do several single colors, blended colors, rotate through all the colors or make it sound responsive. And the best thing is, they don't put out any heat.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote