photos of yourself

308 Posts
83 Users
0 Likes
45 K Views
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

I can't believe I missed this thread.
Nice to put some faces to names/nicks :)

So here's me modelling the purple hair again:

And with my band :twisted: :

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

Rock on!

Okay - I had The Kinks - You Really Got Me in the background when I watched that... You've got to try it to understand :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I don't have a picture of me playing because I don't ever really play/practice in front of anyone but here is a recent one of me anyway. It looks like I always wear the same green shirt but really I do have others.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

How about a baby pic, UCG?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I just checked. I haven't a green shirt at all.

no recent pics. here is one from last September. returning from a six day hike in the mountains in Montana. we stopped at this monument to Lewis and Clark. it is the northern most spot where Meriweather Lewis followed the river north. we're about six mile from the Canadian border in northwest Montana. I am pointing towards Glacier National park in the distance.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

How about a baby pic, UCG?
As you wish. No shortage of those, that's for sure. :wink:

Here she is playing the keyboard. Actually, she is eying my guitars which are on stands in front of her. I let her bang on the cheap one, she loves it.

The camera is NOT for eating.

Being her usual self and posing.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awwwww, how cute!!!! (Dogbite, I'm talking about UCG's baby, not you..... :lol: )

She's a happy one. She needs a green shirt. I can't believe the glaring omission. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmmm. I was just scrolling up. Isabelle (with her two future heart breakers) is wearing a green shirt and so is Kenny's rocker man dude. Green must be back in......

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

She's a doll, UCG!

Isabelle, you've got some really cute kids, too!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmmm. I was just scrolling up. Isabelle (with her two future heart breakers) is wearing a green shirt and so is Kenny's rocker man dude. Green must be back in......

I had a green moment back in June, wore an actual shirt (gasp!) with a collar for my birthday, but happily I'm back to red t-shirts now. And a red fleece, even though it's supposed to be the middle of summer.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Now THAT is a green shirt!

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Now THAT is a green shirt!

Stealing the line from Spinal Tap and swapping the color black for green...

Nigel: I think he's right, there is something about this, that's that's
so green, it's like; "How much more green could this be?"
and the answer is: "None, none... more green."

Man, that was a lot work just make myself laugh. :shock:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

It made me laugh too, so you got double your expected output.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You'd have laughed if you'd been there the night I first wore it.....

It was a Friday afternoon, as usual, we'd been up to Earlestown market. Called in the pub for a drink, ordered a taxi to take the shopping home. So this guy comes around, selling stuff out of a huge shoulder bag - asks me if I want to buy any shirts. Ridiculously cheap, so I take a couple - the green one, and an orange one. You think the green one's bright? Ha, you should see the orange! Oh, wait a minute.....

Me, with my youngest daughter, Kayleigh, last Xmas. Yes, she was named after the Marillion song. No, she doesn't resent it - she actually likes the song.

Anyway, back to the green shirt. So we get home, get something to eat, and start getting ready to go out. Friday nights, back then, there used to be an oldies disco in one of the local pubs. Deciding what to put on. Lightbulb moment - I'll put one of the new shirts on. So I ask Marilyn which one....the green, she decides. Green it is. So off we go to the pub.

Walk in, first thing I see is someone else with EXACTLY the same green shirt - the landlord of the pub. And someone else. And someone else! Four of us altogether wearing exactly the same shirt! Dunno who the guy was who came round selling them, but he must have had a good night out on his sales money. He'd have had an even better night, and a hell of a laugh, if he'd been in the pub to see the fruits of his labours!

The only people who didn't think it was funny were those of us wearing the shirts....but at least I had a plan B. I always wear a white t-shirt underneath a shirt, so I took the green shirt off, rolled it into a tiny ball, and put it in Marilyn's bag!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is a hilarious story.

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 21