Plenty to Lose

523 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
80.4 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Keep up the good work people!!!

and Twisted Lefty, don't be disheartened - you've lost weight, it's a good start....the trick is not to put it back on! Same goes for you Elecktra.....at least you haven't put weight on....

Me? I've put 27lbs on since I quit smoking - I was way too thin, now I'm eating proper food - thanks to the new, improved taste buds - another few months, I may be joinig you in here....

At 6'5 and 13 and 1/2 stones, I'm getting close to my ideal weight - I want to level out at 14 stones (196lbs) although I reckon I could quite easily carry 15 stones - 210 lbs - I'm big-boned as well as tall! And hey - I found some muscles! It isn't just flab....I'm exercising as well!

It's just a pity someone with a few surplus lbs can't just give them to me....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Good job Wes, I'm too trying to put on some weight. At 5'7 150lbs I'm still pretty small. I'm muscluar, but not very big. If I didn't work out, or at the way most people my age eat I would be about 140lbs. My dad was like 135 though when he was my age, and he's got a big build now, pretty strong, so there might be hope for me yet.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I'm still on the same weight, but exercising more each day - the Doctor told me to do the yoga and tai chi for stress, and it really helps! Do the low impact aerobics along with a video, with the iron tablet I have to take for anemia (sorry if I sound like a hypochondriac) and the exercise I've got a lot more energy now than before I joined this thread, so thanks everyone :)
(I edited my last post incase it had offended anyone, sorry if it did)

ReplyQuote
(@raphael)

Yoga's cool. I've gotta lose :evil: 2kgs after all the Easter eggs I've just eaten this weekend :D

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Missed Mondays weigh in but was at the gym today and am down a liitle over two more pounds for the 9 days a total of 23.4 to date. Only 10 more days in my 16 week challenge and hope to round things off at an even 25 pound loss. How are you other LOSERS doing? Keep it up!!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Just thought I'd pop my head back in and let you know I'm down exactly 23.4 also.

Good job Robbie. I know what a major achievement it is. I'm beginning to feel like me again.

I've only got four weeks left in this Weight Watchers session and the hardest 5lbs to go to my first goal weight.

Remember:
Drink lots of water.
Keep doing the exercise. (175 miles of biking for me so far)
Think before you eat.

I'll probably check back in next week.

If you need to talk to me, email me. I'll rarely be on the boards for the next couple of months.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

great job you guys!
i lost another lb or two but i'm waiting till the end of the month to weigh in for effect :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

16 week challenge is up! weigh in day down 25.4 lbs. now must concentrate on makin Muscles and keeping my weight constant. Trading muscle for fat now! Way to go Nick hope you are still doin good. I assume you are. Success breeds success. Interest seems to be lacking on this thread, how's everyone doing?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

You guys have all done well; I've given up weighing myself for now, but have lost a dress size :D ; hope to lose another over another month - keeping up the exercise - cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Good for you Violet.

The scale isn't the only thing that matters. % body fat, energy, how you feel about you and the scale should all be part of an overall picture of how you are doing.

I've been watching what I eat and riding my bike 16 miles a day at a fast clip. I started riding about 8 weeks ago.

For about 3 weeks my weight has been dropping slower than it was, about a lb a week. However my % body fat has dropped by 10% since I started. Almost half of that drop is in the past 3-4 weeks. I attribute that to the bike riding. I'm gaining dense muscle and dropping fat but not seeing a gigantic loss of weight.

I feel good.
My smaller size clothes fit.
I've lost 10% of my body weight.
I can run and play with my kids.
I can climb the stairs without holding the rail and being out of breath.

I was in line at the supermarket the other day and a woman behind me asked me where were the best places to ride your bike in DC. I started telling her and suddenly I stopped and said "How do you know I ride a bike?" She said "Your legs"

It was either that or the bike pants and helmet. I'm kidding. I was dressed in shorts and t-shirt.

I've got to tell you in all seriousness, that almost made me cry. Somebody noticed.

Anyway, don't let the scale be your master. It is just a tool.

Mine says I'm down 29 pounds since I started.

I'll post before and after pictures. Well before and during. I still have 15 pounds to go.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Wow Nick, I know you've lost a lot of weight, but its the 10% drop in Body Fat. Being an athlete, I realize that body fat % is an important measure of health. That's quite an impressive drop. Good on ya!

Congrats to everyone else too, your all doing great, and Robbie, I hope you succeed in trading fat for muscle. It will make a big difference. If you start to build muscle and increase your strenght, you feel so much better in many ways. I spent 6 months on a good, solid weight routine. That combined with Karate, and good eating, and I was in great shape, but more importantly I had lots of energy, and I was very seldomly sick.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Another WOW from me Nick. You ARE the poster boy! Keep up the routine. I am presently training for a half marathon to be held fathers day. Currently up to 11.5 mile long slow runs. Need to cram 13.1 miles in the same time frame. Later
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Marathon? :shock:

I'm in awe. Tell me you could've thought of doing that 25lbs ago.

Good for you. Let us know how you do.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Nick - I'm also reaping the benefits of being fit, not puffing when going up the stairs and ready to go out and kick a soccer ball around with the kids.

Feeling well enough to go for more long walks, temp s dropped to a cool 27 degrees centigrade.
Been good with the eating. Before and after snaps sound good, I'll try and post some too, mine will be down the track a bit - the after one will be me in my neck to knee black wet suit standing next to my 9 foot mal 100 yards down the beach :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

(PS my bizarre joke has the cunning that the black wetsuit will make me look thinner combined with the distance and the contrast with the surfbord (mal) although that could just serve to make me look like a pigmy - I'm 5'3")

I thought I'd mention the videos and DVDs I find I use all the time:

DRU Yoga (from http://www.druyogadvd.com )

this is really great DVD with 12 chapters form 5 minute wake ups to a calming meditation sequence, and health and nutrition tips, it's for all levels and ages of fitness and there's even a 13 minute children's sequence, which my kids did and found enjoyable.

Elle Machpherson - The body Workout - this is a delightful low impact one with Macpherson and the American fitness Karen Voight filmed on Hawaii - it's got a warm up, 3 aerobic sessions broken up with weight training abs etc sequences.

Power Yoga for Strength, Tone and Balance - this is done by pleasant English lady Susan Fulton, filmed on Spain - it's great if you feel agitated, after doing half of it I've calmed down immensely.

Tai CHi - several by Erle Montaigue - he's an Australian master, if you can't get to classes and want to learn tai chi these are the one's to get, he goes into so much detail you feel like you are at a live class - tai chi is good for regulating liver, kidney's etc and very anti aging like yoga (my mum taught me some beginning tai chi - she used to go down to China Town in Sydney every week and learn from a Chinese master)

WTBA Camp 1994 THe 12 Meridian Healing Qigongs - is a great one as there are exercises to strengthen the heart, lungs etc, help with clogged arteries, a couple of very calming ones on there - Erle also teaches Dim Mak etc

The other one I've got that's really good for people who've been through any traumas Its called Dru Yoga - THe healing Power of the Heart (from the same place as above) - This is a course taught to health professionals from Northh Caucusus and other war zones, who go back home and teach it to war traumatized people. It works for anyone experiencing any trauma, like peer pressure, unemployment, muggings etc etc

I'm going to get a Yoga DVD called Yin Yoga, I'll put up how that is, cheers to all :)

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 35