Clear all

Ringtone - Guitars!

19 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I saw the spam ringtone post in the Guitar Players section and it got me thinking that most of us probably have unique ringtones for our cell phones... and they are probably guitar related. So, if you have one, post it here!

I'll start... I currently have "Walk Don't Run" by the Ventures as my ringtone.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I have only just joined the modern age and gotten a cell phone and I haven't figured out how to download ringtones yet. :oops: I am looking for a good one, though. Right now, it is some latin ringtone that came with the phone.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

mine is ring-ring lol.........

always forget what song is and every tone has me reaching for my phone haha .........

nobody else seems to have a ring so i'm on a winner :lol: :shock:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My mobile doensn't do polyphonic ringtones, so I just have a little buzz. I also can't play MP3 files or make pictures with it, if I'm lucky it occasionally allows me to call someone.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I got rid of the spam.

I picked out a funky tune out of the free ringtones that came with my phone.

I recorded an answering greeting, but haven't figured out any way to get it on my cell phone without playing it into the phone's mic. Something about the mic or the digital recording process used by Cingular leaves the vocals in clearly, but effectively removes the guitar sound, leaving only a disagreeable trace of it, kind of like when you can just hear a radio playing in the background.

(The one I tried to put on my cell phone, which actually is still there, crappy filtered out guitar and all, is posted in original form as "Answering Machine Blues #2" at the bottom of my music page on Soundclick. http://soundclick.com/johnculp There's an older "Answering Machine Blues" on there, too, that I did back in January 2002. Seems like I did AMB #2 a year and a half or two years ago. Haven't done much with that Soundclick page.)

My phone, a Motorola V180, is three years old. The rechargeable battery died, and at all the usual places where one might buy a battery, they looked at me like I came from Venus and had three heads. Said they hadn't dealt with a phone like that in ages.

Finally found and ordered a battery for it yesterday from Amazon, of all places!

Hey, that's pretty funny what the forum's anti-spam filter did to the maker of my cell phone! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Mine is just a default, a classical thing that I don't know the name of. I've tinkered with putting new ones on there and it didn't work within the amount of time I was willing to expend on it, so that's the end of that :)

Ric: I have a v220, I don't think there's any real difference between the two models. I've tried a few bits of software to load ringtones and none even recognise the phone :roll: Also, I had the battery give up a couple of weeks ago, wouldn't hold a charge for more than about 12 hours (used to last a week). I just made sure it discharged completely and then charged completely a couple of times in a row and it's back up to lasting about 3 or 4 days - might be worth trying if you want to kep the old one as a spare.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't think mine'll charge up any more. It discharges in just a few minutes. The phone beeps, then locks up. I have to take the battery out and put it back in before it'll restart. When it goes low on voltage, the phone can't handle it. Oh well, I've been phoneless for a week and a half or so. When the battery comes in a week or a week and a half, I'll see what messages await.

After the new one charges up for a while.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

got BB's "You upset me baby" for mine

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Got one of my own riffs on my phone - I'm still waiting for someone to say, when it goes off, "Hey, nice ringtone, what's that called?" Then I can turn round, casually and say, "Oh just a snatch of a song I wrote...."

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I have only just joined the modern age and gotten a cell phone and I haven't figured out how to download ringtones yet. :oops: I am looking for a good one, though. Right now, it is some latin ringtone that came with the phone.
If your phone has a voice message recorder you might be able to record something and select it as a ringtone.

Check in the "Tools" section then look for something like "Voice Memo" or "Voice Recorder". Record the song and then go to you're ring settings and look for your recorded message (you can also manually give each of your contact's their own song - I actually have 4 songs, so when someone calls I can pretty much guess who it is by which song is playing).

P.S. Here are the songs:

- Tool's "The Patient"
- Tool's "46 & 2"
- Tool's "Disposition"
- Tool's "Right In Two"

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"Rock Me Baby"~ Johnny "Guitar" Watson

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Vibrator for me.Doesn't disturb the world around.

However the service provider's tune is my favourite.

If it has to be a song, i will like to record one and then put it as a ringtone. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@6was9)
Trusted Member

I have AC/DC "Hells Bells"......I figure it's appropriate.

" I'm not sure what happened, it was tuned when I bought it."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

My ringtone is "Evil Ways" by Santana. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2