Saw Elton John Saturday Night!

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Saw him at the garden here in NYC. He was AMAZING. Just great. His voice is somehow just as it was when he recorded his classics, it's perfect. He's a great entertainer, very talkative, loved the audience.

I had doubts, because it was said that he played around 6 or so songs from his new album, which I havn't heard yet. So, I didn't think I'd enjoy it. But his voice was so good, and the music was so great, that not only did I enjoy it, but I'm going to buy the album.

He's a real nice "star" too. When he came back out for the first encore, he spent about 7 minutes signing all the autographs he could, and taking flowers. He was having so much fun.

GREAT concert. Just as good (if not better) as the Clapton concert I went to last June.

He's a great musician, and a great entertainer.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

that's good to hear about his voice being strong.

i thought that his voice had slipped the last few telecasts i'd seen him on. good to hear that he's hitting the high notes again.

many do not recover from throat surgery the way he has

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Good news. I've seen him solo (just Elton and the piano) and thought it was great. We're going to see him in November with the band. I've always thought his band cooked and I'm looking forward to the show.
Thanks for the report.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

And it seems to me , you lived your life like a candle in the wind........... :D :D (oh mannn , i wish LIVE 8 occured in new delhi :oops: )

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Elton is a great entertainer. I saw him a couple of years ago with Billy Joel. Great showmen.

And the beauty is that you have to buy the tickets so far in advance you forget just how darned much they cost. lol

There is nothing like live music.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

i saw him this past 4th of July on the steps of the art museum in Philadelphia (just prior to a fireworks display) and finished with 'Philadelphia Freedom'... i was about 25 feet from the stage... good stuff

as a side note, i saw sir paul at the wachovia center in Philadelphia this past fri night... he played for 2 3/4 hours without a break, then 2 encores... plenty beatles and wings and of course his solo stuff... i would say he divided it up nicely, about 1/3 each

ReplyQuote
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member

I saw Elton John at Madison Square Garden on November 29, 1974. I remember it very well particularly because it was the night AFTER John Lennon joined him on stage for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Great show though anyway.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, Elton did 3 hours and a half almost, with no breaks, and then the 3 encores. It was crazy.

I got my mom a ticket to see Sir Paul here at the Garden...I thought it was the 28th of September, could be wrong.'

Musen, the band was awesome. He's got a real great guitar player. The last encore was him playing Your song, pretty much solo (for most of the song) and it was amazing.

lol Mikey. That's so true.

The concert made me wish Billy Joel would start writing/touring again, although there are rumours that he is writing, and he's going to start touring soon. I didn't even know half the songs Elton played, and I had a blast. I know all of Billy's songs, so it'd be amazing. Saw him in 1998, but it was too long ago, and it wasn't at the garden.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I saw Elton John at Madison Square Garden on November 29, 1974. I remember it very well particularly because it was the night AFTER John Lennon joined him on stage for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Great show though anyway.

I would have loved to have caught that Thanksgiving performance with John Lennon -- Lennon's last gig!

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I love billy joel 8)

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

YES!

haha.

At the concert, Elton said the best shows he did where the ones when lennon came up on the stage, and he played a tribute song to him. Very nice.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Just as good (if not better) as the Clapton concert I went to last June.
BLASPHEMER you dare compare a mere piano player to a Guitar Player?
I'll have your strings cut and your picks comfiscated. You shall become persona non grata in every self respecting guitar shop on the planet.
:lol: :lol: :wink:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

haha. Everyone knows I am obsessed with Clapton. So coming from me, that means a lot. Elton is a better entertainer, he talks to the audience, he's a performer as well as an amazing writer/musician. Clapton just goes on and plays for an hour and a half. Might as well listen to the CD!

I'm trying to find out where I can get a T-shirt from the concert. I got one but I'm not too happy with it. At the Garden, they have a big stand where they sell t shirts in the lobby, and then a bunch of smaller stands on each level. I saw the shirt I really wanted, butttt the line was too big, so I went to a smaller stand. Smaller stand didn't have the shirt, I got a different one. Went to exchange it at the big stand after the show, and the LOVELY new yorker said "better take what you got and be happy with it, i don't have much left" haha. We're asses, but you gotta love us.

Anyways, anyone know where I can get it? It was really cool, it was a picture of elton playing piano, and then a reflection of it, but in the reflection it's him when he was younger. Had a list of the shows on the back.

THANKS!

Taso

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Anyyyyboddddyyyy?

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Taso,
Why don't you check out The Official Elton John Website? I'll bet there's a merch link there somewhere.

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2