Clear all

See, even the pros have problems sometimes

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ok, for everybody that is always writing saying how frustrated they are because they can't master a lick, or song, or whatever... Here is a video that shows you even the pros have difficulty playing guitar sometimes.

Go down to the middle of the page and click on the video.

http://www.iguitarworld.com/2008/07/02/kirk-hammet-embarassing-blunder/

Now, doesn't that make you feel a little better? :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Here's a problem...go ahead and laugh:

On Tuesday I was in Brussels to work. I found the studio but there was no place to park...so I phoned into the building and they said that some gal would be out to park the rental. Okay, so I swing off the road by turning hard and backing up...onto a short ramp that goes into the canal for launching. I got out...put the guitox on the pavement and turned to see the Renault easing away from me...into the freakin' canal. It sort of went like reaallll slow until it came off the stemwall ten feet in. It nosed up...and went completely out of sight. The bass played said: "Ja! Ja! Yust like de Tirpitz" :oops:

Okay...true...it turned out okay since the charge card I used puts insurance on rentals. so I just shrugged and went to a deeper shade of red. When they brought me a second rental...some wise-arse had put a pair of corks on the key ring!

Sheesh!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFLMAO! :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Here's a problem...go ahead and laugh:

On Tuesday I was in Brussels to work. I found the studio but there was no place to park...so I phoned into the building and they said that some gal would be out to park the rental. Okay, so I swing off the road by turning hard and backing up...onto a short ramp that goes into the canal for launching. I got out...put the guitox on the pavement and turned to see the Renault easing away from me...into the freakin' canal. It sort of went like reaallll slow until it came off the stemwall ten feet in. It nosed up...and went completely out of sight. The bass played said: "Ja! Ja! Yust like de Tirpitz" :oops:

Okay...true...it turned out okay since the charge card I used puts insurance on rentals. so I just shrugged and went to a deeper shade of red. When they brought me a second rental...some wise-arse had put a pair of corks on the key ring!

Sheesh!

CatThis happens so often in Amsterdam, that there is a crane, which was specially built, just to pull cars out of the canals.

Still funny, though....

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

But I'm sure that the work in the studio went "swimmingly". :lol:
OK, not that funny but it had to be said. Geez Cat, I'm not sure I could have even played after an event like that.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Nah...no problem playing. We were only dropping off instruments and downloading the sound files off a CD for the next day...then a dinner at a Rotary Club. But now I had to also screw with the cops, the rental company...and a rather irate tow truck driver (picture a go-riller with more tattoos than teeth) who climbed down from his cab with a MASK and SNORKLE in his hand! (His wide-eyed glare and head-shaking said more than enough.) Mind you, all of this spoken in Dutch...which is as familiar to me as is Eskimo. Thank Ye Gods for a good dinner, a hot bath and some White Widow at the end of THAT day!

Like I said: sheesh! :oops:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

But on the subject of the video........ I feel that is probably how it is sometimes, especially when creating new songs and ideas. One person plays a riff how they've heard it in their head and another person doesn't quite see how it works. Then when the other person tries to translate it into words its near impossible (especially with guitarists) but evidentially Kirk Hammet did get it eventually cos they played that tune on the road :lol:

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

You sent too much traffic to that site, Wes, the account's been suspended! :wink:
"This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

You sent too much traffic to that site, Wes, the account's been suspended! :wink:
"This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

Fortunately (and not surprisingly) it's also on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

(at least I hope it's the same one, I didn't see the original that Wes posted)

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Fortunately (and not surprisingly) it's also on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

(at least I hope it's the same one, I didn't see the original that Wes posted)

Yes, that's the same one, Kent. I like the added thought balloons.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote