Clear all

Some help please.

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, I am planning on buying a guitar in the next week. I enjoy playing acoustic, i think it fits my style more, but i also want an electric. So I was curious acoustic, acoustic-electric, or a hollowbody electric. There are some many choices when buying a guitar that I was unaware of. I have rather small hands as well, and i think that impares my ability to play some. I was searching the web and i found the zager ez to play guitars, and there were alot of mixed reviews. Once i figure out the type of guitar i want, do you think i'm better of just trying to do all that shit he is talking about on his website myself, or consider buying one of his? Or should i consider paying someone to do it......well guys... i'm lost....can you all help me clear my mind some...thank you

(@alangreen)

The best answer is to go down to your local guitar shop with a packed lunch and a thermos full of coffee and try out every guitar they've got. In fact, don't leave until they throw you out. Then decide. One of the guitars you try might well be talking to you by the time you're finished.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

good advice. decide your price range. then try every guitar.
what I did was play a few guitars in my $ range. then play a really expensive one. that way I was able to determine the differences in quality and playability.
then , since I had a way to measure, it was easier picking out the best guitar for the price.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Yes, good advice up above.

Play them all. Man, guitar shopping is so much fun.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Exactly! Play as many as you can and the one that brings the biggest smile to your face is the one you need to take home! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

You say you like acoustic style, so it might be worth looking to see if you can find a reasonable acoustic in your price range that has some internal electrics. If I was only going to own one guitar, that's what I'd probably choose anyway. You initially don't need to spend the money to buy an amp, and you can get a decent volume of sound out of an acoustic without having to be always near a power point.

With an acoustic, you just pick it up and play. You also don't get distracted by spending half your life mucking around with amp settings. Solid body guitars have very little sound without an amp, and even hollow body styles have a pretty weak sound unplugged.

Of course, the solid body electrics can be a little bit easier to play, and they look pretty cool too.... so, as the others said, you're going to want to try out a whole heap of options and find the one you fall in love with.... :wink:

Good hunting...

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you, looks like the guitar center around here is going to have a visitor for quite some time next week...

ReplyQuote
(@ab0msnwman)
Estimable Member

Thank you, looks like the guitar center around here is going to have a visitor for quite some time next week...

NO DON'T GO TO GUITAR CENTER FOR THE LOVE OF CAKE

ReplyQuote