Clear all

Some Kind Of Monster

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I was surprised nobody mentioned this in the best music documentaries post that was going around not too long ago. (maybe it has since, but I never checked)

It's only been released here about a month now, and I was looking forward to this movie for – oh well since I heard it was a reality and would get released here. So it's been a long time comin.

Who else here have seen this movie and what did you think of it?

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I saw it and enjoyed it, even if you don't like metallica because of the whole napster thing (which seems to be a popular consensus for some reason) or for some other reason, it's really interesting to see how close they came to going their seperate ways and how much they really had to work to make their new album.

I personally like the new album, it's raw and emotional... but if you have seen the movie, i wish they put that "temptation" song on the album, because it sounded very cool from the clips they showed in the movie.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

yeah i agree Temptation is a very cool song it's my ringtone :D

I have to eat a bit of humble pie here too a degree and say I got allot more respect for Bob rock and Lars when watching the movie. Especially when james walks in and plays for the first time.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

is it out on dvd yet?

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

It's been out on dvd for a LONG time, at least in Canada, I can't even remember when I bought it.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

i just recently heard about it when i was watching something about metalica on vh1, is it good?

ReplyQuote
(@raide)

i've seen it a few times, and i thought it was great! i heard some people saying stuff like "if you can still be a Metallica fan after watching that, you're one diehard fan", but when i saw it i was only a slight metallica fan, but after watching the movie, i like them a lot more. it does a good job of showing the good and bad sides of making and album (well, more bad sides than good, but w/e), and how they stayed together through the worst of it. now i need to buy the St. Anger CD lol

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

thanks raid, i will check it out

ReplyQuote