SRV/Fender Tribute

Notifications
Clear all

SRV/Fender Tribute

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I found this while looking for some blues videos on Google Video. It's a tribute to SRV & Fender with Little Wing playing:

SRV/Fender Tribute

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

very nice.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

One more SRV video...

Texas Flood

ReplyQuote
(@mike-mcdevitt)
Eminent Member

Thanks guys. Watching that brought back a lot of memories. I got spoiled in the 80s; I got to see him live at least 20 times. I lived in NYC and when he was in town, he would play clubs and small halls for 4-5 days at a time. He also played at my college several times. The greatest shows I ever saw. Just him, his bass player, keyboards and drummer. No fancy lightshow, no explosions, no leather or chains - the guy just came on stage and stood there and blew you away for 2 hours.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I left NYC in 79, there used to be a couple of clubs in the East Village where just about every musician who was playing in town would show up to jam after there shows. It was great. One of the best I saw was Johnny Winter and James Cotten jamming until dawn

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I am originally from Buffalo NY and there used to be a club called Septembers. Many great acts played there...Foghat, Molly Hatchet, Talas (Billy Sheehan's old band from Buffalo), and others I can't recall right now. It was so cool seeing them without all the effects and up close.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Thanks for the link, Mike. Y'all know how much I love my SRV!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well, one more SRV this time Little Wing live...AWESOME video! If you click on the "More from This User" link on the right you'll also find several Jimi Hendrix videos.

Little Wing Live

ReplyQuote