Notifications
Clear all

Steve Miller fans?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@johnmusic88)
Topic starter  

so I heard this live SMB dvd, coming from a huge huge huge steve miller band fan I might be a little biased lol but it's called “live from chicago” I think and I can't wait. For the die hard fans like myself this is going to be a collectors item. …just needed somewhere to vent about it!

www.stevemillerband.com
www.myspace.com/stevemillerband

john umgd

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Saw bits of it on the Tele a while back , the public channel was using it as an incentive to donate.
i thought it was pretty good.
i saw the SMB back in 77 and they were great.
Keep on Rockin' me baby!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Not exactly a fan but curiously I was learning Serenade from stars! Cool strumming!

Some of his songs remind me when I was a teenager :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

Yeah, I caught some of it on my local PBS station as well. Liked it a lot. He'll be playing near me later this summer, think I might have to check it out!

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I think he's most likely one of the most under rated artists in music.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'm really curious what Slej thinks about this.... 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm really curious what Slej thinks about this.... 8)

I think GN should have a Commercial Users Policy like they have at Talkbass.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/faq.php?faq=commuserpolicy#faq_cup

Control the "soft spam" from UMGD and others ...

(Steve Miller does kick tush, though.) 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am a big Steve Miller fan. Steve Miller was my very first live concert. I guess I was about 16 years old and saw him at the Jacksonville Coliseum in Jacksonville, Florida. It was kind of a strange concert because they had thousands of folding chairs in the arena. Usually that is open. They had the chairs set back about 50 feet from the stage. First thing everybody did was rush to the chairs and shuffle them right up to the stage. A bunch of roadies yelled at everybody to stay back but nobody paid attention. I can't remember the opening act's name, but the singer was really good with the microphone. He would fling the mic right down at the audience. Just before the mic popped somebody in the head he would stomp on the base and the mic stand would snap back. He would catch it everytime.

I was kinda shocked by Steve Miller. He must have been having a bad night, when he came out he started screaming at everybody to move their chairs back. He was cursing and everything, and said he wouldn't play until everybody moved back.

This was not easy, there were several thousand people sitting, all jammed as close to the front as possible. I remember everybody shuffled back a few feet or so, but not much. I guess he was happy 'cause then he played. This was several years before the Joker came out, I remember his biggest hit at that time was Space Cowboy. He was great on guitar and he played slide too. I have always been impressed with Steve Miller, because even though he doesn't have a great natural voice, he is still a great singer who always hits the right note.

Know you didn't ask for that, but that was my first big concert, I'll never forget. :D

And here is his old hit Space Cowboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AQ984SyJ0

I remember it was MUCH louder than this live version. :twisted:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote