Clear all

Strat owners opinion needed!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

In my travels I have run across a Strat that I actually like.

It's an American made 57 reissue from the late 80's I believe, Black lacquer, white pickguard, sss OE pickups with a maple neck. The neck is perfect and plays like a dream. Some wear through on the fret board finish, whats left is nicely yellowed. Some finish is chipped off around the neck plate in the back and it does have some belt buckle rash in the back. Neck is maple. Guitar comes with HSC tweed case and still has all the Tags and accessories.(Trem springs, adjustment wrenches and two spare trem covers and arms) Three position switch and everything works.

I set this guitar up for a friend of mine about eighteen months ago and he found a late fifties,early sixties Danelectro/Silvertone guitar and wants to sell the Strat for $750.00 or a trade for my Dean Traditions acoustic Twelve string and about $250.00.

The Dean is in very good shape, no scratches and also a perfectly straight neck. I don't play the twelve very often because the neck is HUGE! Like a telephone pole and I have small hands. Also, there is no bellying of the top either.

Is this a good deal or should I wait till July when my quitting campaign is over? :?

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I say get it, but that's mostly because I've never seen a Dean guitar that I like all that much. sorry to all you Dean owners. I'd rather have a strat...

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

You can get a used recent Strat Deluxe with S-1 switching for about $800 - $850, so I think $750 is too much for a late 80's standard strat.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i love my strat deluxe.
Dali, is right imo, $750 seems pretty high.

#4491....

ReplyQuote