Clear all

The "Room" Project

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

As I have stated before in another post I am going to set up my new room in my new house as a "rocker" room. So far i have obtained the following.: 5 Rock posters, A black light, A big 45 inch steel dragon the holds a ball that glows, a strobe light, and quite a few other electronics, and two guitar wall hangers. So far I have spent about 150 dollars on my new room. I havent started to set any of it up yet, But I am hoping you guys may have some fun, interesting ideas for a new room to make it have that feeling of a "music room." Thanks for any replies. M-Man :)

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

A good stereo. A DVD Player. Guitars. Amps. And most importantly of all, a bloody good set of headphones....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Maybe you could get a bust of one of the original rockers:

http://search.ebay.com//search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=beethoven+bust

Not kidding. In a funny way it would fit in well with posters of say Napalm Death, or Lemmy sitting there with his Rick. Ludwig was quite the rebel back when.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Maybe you could get a bust of one of the original rockers:

That is a good idea. I had a bust of the original rocker (Beethoven) that I kept my headphones on.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Seriously nice chairs.

All too often I see these great rooms people have built to listen to music or jam in, and you sit down to experience the room and find yourself listening to $1200 stereo speakers on a $50 Tarmart/Wallget Futon.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Sound enhancement! Small amounts of padding or bass traps for the corners, really enhance your sound experience.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok. What do you mean by bass padding the corners and stuff? Where renting this new house for the first year so i cant really do anything to the "room" where our landlord would throw a fit about. I was talking to my dad about sound proofing and he says the material that you put on the walls will ruin the walls. I was really considering sound proofing until then. So if your talking about sound proofing then thats a no, But what do you mean by bass padding the corners? If theres something else your talking about that doesnt have to do with sound proofing then no I cant do that.

Now for chairs, do you have any ideas? Something i could get an idea on how nice you mean? I mean, i never really thought about it i was just going to stick the regular chairs that are in my room now, into it. Interesting idea though, but have like an ebay link for "how nice" the chairs you mean?

As for the stereo. I have a sony 450 watt 60 cd changer cd stereo cd player that was $400 when i first bought it. I think im set for the stereo lol. Hmm thats kind of a cool idea with that beethoven thing, but its just not "doing" anything for me. Thanks for all of the replies and any more ideas please. Thanks! JD. :D

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Now for chairs, do you have any ideas? Something i could get an idea on how nice you mean? I mean, i never really thought about it i was just going to stick the regular chairs that are in my room now, into it. Interesting idea though, but have like an ebay link for "how nice" the chairs you mean?

Well, it all depends on your budget and taste, of course, but the basic idea is to get something that's good to look at, fits the decor of the room, and is comfy as hell to lounge in.

Maybe something like Catanzaro Modern Leather or maybe some Leather Club Chairs. The idea is that you want a chair that once you sit in it, you feel like you've found a home ;) Overstuffed, leather (or a fine dense fabric) in a style that really compliments the decor.

The links above are to some moderately pricey furniture. But you can find good stuff in any budget if you look around hard enough.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok lol, 1,500 dollar chairs are just a little pricy. Im probably looking more towards 100 150 dollar chairs. Those are awesome chairs though except for those prices! ouch! lol :x I wish though. Any other ideas, cheap ones for a great music room? If any they are hugley appreciated! Thanks -JD 8)

ReplyQuote