Skip to content
Too much Music........

Notifications
Clear all

Too much Music..............................................

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Reality is highly overrated. Reality is whatever seems most convenient at the time.

Do you get Mythbusters in Holland?

You might like a Mythbusters' T shirt with Adam Savage's motto on the front:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

We all do a bit of that don't we?? :D

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

As long as listening to your ipod doesn't mean the baby hasn't been fed in three days and is now unsupervised playing by the pool, I think you are fine. If you love listening to music and that is important to you, then why not. So, I guess I'm a blue pill as well.
I like some of the bbc...mainsteam american news is worthless.
try a search for alternate news sites.
I really like Amy Goodman. america free radio.

KSlblu
That's so odd to hear since my college american politics professor told me that if you want real news you have to go outside of the US. I can't imagine foreigners going to the US for news, granted it's 'free radio' - just beware that it may be biased.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Are we spending too much time listening to our ipods or walkmans at the expense of birdsong and human interaction?
As you may well surmise from my username, human interaction is not something I consider a loss in the places I use my headphones (mainly the bus home from work) - quite the opposite.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

mythbusters is actually one of my favorite shows.

To get back on point, I can only speak for myself so I'm with ghost rider on this one.

Unplugging from "the world" for lack of a better word is good for everyone if that includes music/computer/partying/my created reality whatever.

Being too much about one thing whether it be music/job/social is suffocating to me. It's a one-dimensional existence.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

Music is constantly getting louder. It's the American ideality: bigger and louder. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing though.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2