Clear all

Totally off topic but....

15 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, this is so totally not supposed to be posted here but oh well. I am moving into a brand new home next month and i want to decorate my room with lots of different musical things. I am trying to find alot of heavy metal and rock posters to start out. Basically im going to set up my room sorta like a mini music room. But right now im looking for posters, pics, and basically any type of room accessorie for it. Any ideas on how to make my room the coolest one in the house? I dont know what it is but i just want to make my room way different then my room now. Sorry that this is so off topic. Thanks for any ideas or links. :? :? 8)

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@sarton)
Estimable Member

When I was younger (and single), I'd have opted for as many scantily clad females as possible. (If they were holding a guitar, it would have been a bonus.)

A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Godin Freeway Classic, PodXT Live, Seymour-Duncan 84-50.
(All this so I could learn 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little' Star for my youngest.)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Any ideas on how to make my room the coolest one in the house?
Turn up the air-con? :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

But it's an ideal thread for the Coffee House!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Got any old vinyl albums or singles you no longer play?

Spray them Silver and Gold....create your own label for the middle, a metallicaman logo shouldn't be too hard to design....

Don't just hang posters, make your own montages....a lot of small pictures - doesn't matter whether they overlap or not - can be just as effective as one big one....

Hey, it's your room, you got carte blanche....let your imagination run riot....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Go to a garage sale and buy up old, but cool LP albums for their cover art. Hang those. Art stores carry frames for LP album covers should you want that.

Hang your guitars and other musical instruments on the walls.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I guess posters of GREEN DAY is the best solution for me.Green Day rocks :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Hang your guitars and other musical instruments on the walls.

Yeah, that's a cool idea actually, i'm gonna be doing that as well as hanging up my violin.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Make yourself a template of a musical note and use it to paint these notes on your wall in any open spaces after you hang your art.
By the way, This thread is not off topic in the Coffee house, There is no specific topic here except that religion and politics are not allowed :D

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

if your looking for posters goto ebay...you can find like any poster you could ever need.

heres something else:

buy guitar hooks like in the stores and hang your guitars on the wall...mine hang over my head as i sleep....it looks pretty pro too and it saves alot of space

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

My wife and I re-did our basement with a rock theme. We went to second hand book stores and found old lps that we used to listen to and stapled them to the walls. I also took a lot of my Guitar World magazines that I have been collecting and put them in a clear protective sleeve and stapled them to the wall as well. Walmart has a cool poster of Hendrix on the cover of a Rolling Stones issue that we put in a poster frame. Really cool looking. I think they also have a poster of all the chords and another of alls the scales that we framed. We also found a neon clock at Walgreens that is in the shape of a strat. It is about 30" long. Pretty neat as well.

Also go to Spencers. They always have rock items in the back of the store. I don't know if it is a chain but we have a store here that is called Third Planet. They have posters and otherwise odd things like the cloth posters not normally found everywhere else. We also took some of our old concert stubs and put pairs of them in little 3 X 5 frames. Of course we only did this with the shows we liked.

I also noticed that Musicians Friend is starting to sell these types of items that we are talking about. They have a cool coffee table shaped like a Strat headstock. Rather pricey but it helps feed ideas of what you can come up with. I also noticed they have a strat clock in the mag. Looks as though it is upside down and the neck acts like a pendulum? Cool.

We had a lot of fun with our room. Sorry I don't have a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Let us know how it comes out.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hold the fort. First things first.

Get yourself two gallons of flat black interior latex paint and paint all 4 walls totally black. Buy a couple of really good black lights and place then strategically in the room so every corner gets good exposure.

Then go find a vast assortment of black light posters and hang accordingly. If you have a standard boxspring and mattress, be sure to remove the frame and headboard. MUST BE ON THE FLOOR.

Next make sure your power outlets are all on 20amp circuits and go get yourself one bad guitar amp and a great light show and place in the coolest places on the room. Next you'll want intense sound deadening so you won't bother the rest of the house late at night while jamming.

Last but not least, you'll want to install a massive deadbolt to barracade yourself in while practicing.

Groupies and incense are optional. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hold the fort. First things first.

Get yourself two gallons of flat black interior latex paint and paint all 4 walls totally black. Buy a couple of really good black lights and place then strategically in the room so every corner gets good exposure.

Ahhh, the good old days.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Geez yes.... memories.... 8)

I actually had a room like that many years ago - but without the guitar stuff. Painted the walls and ceiling matt black and put a grey carpet in. The room only had one tiny window anyway so that wasn't a problem.

The highlight was a double bed built about five feet off the floor on a platform....

Aaaah the good old days.... if only I could remember what we did back then.... :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I "Grew up" in an old 19th century New England hotel turned into a house/family hardware store. I had the regular "pad" thing going on with my own bathroom, bedroom & rec room. I had the bead thing going on for a while and then some 60's style curtain thing. Very dark walls, almost black. Black Light posters, but the rock posters were substituted by Cheryl Tiegs (and other 70's babes) posters.

My stereo was cranking out Kiss, BTO, J Geils Band and Aerosmith, although later on the selection expanded.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote