Clear all

U2 & Greenday on Monday Night Football

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Anyone else catch this? What a nice pre-game performance. They're on at halftime too...in about 5 minutes. :)

Edit: 1/2 time was not as advertised. They just re-ran about 30 seconds of the pregame show.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

I missed it unfortunately. Did Edge get a solo? What song did they do?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It opened with both bands doing that Greenday song, "When September Ends"...or whateber it's called. Then a song in the middle by both bands and then both bands did 'Beautiful Day. The Edge got a little solo in during the Greenday song. Typical Edge solo. Nothing overstated.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

The song is 'Wake me up when september ends'.Such a great song!

I wish i could have seen that.Anyone getting it on youtube ?

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i saw it, of course. i thought it wouldnt be so great...collaborations usually arents so great. but i really enjoyed this one. The Saints Are Coming was especially awesome and I can't wait for the single.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I thought Green Day & U2 did a great job. Very tight, very emotional. I liked the added horn section too. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I agree, it was a fantastic collaboration. Some lyrics were modified for the event, and tastefully done.

"There is a house in New Orleans, and it's called the Super Dome..."

It looked like Green Day's drummer was beyond excited - a big/little kid on the big stage, playing along with his heroes.

Segue: we did a MusicRising auction for concert tix last summer - overpaid, but the money went to a very good cause. Anyone else been back to NO in the past 12 months?

ReplyQuote