[Video] Prince - Fury Saturday Night Live

24 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

http://youtube.com/w/prince?v=hospswwC74k&search=prince

i knew he can play liek this for years. im just spreading the word. this guy is the definiion of talent.

playing guitar, bass, piano, and i think drums. all equally well. not to mention singing and dancing

and doing all instruments on his albums

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

xSSx

Hey, where you been? What have you been up to?

I caught this last Saturday night. Yeah, Prince is incredible and a fantastic guitarist. He can do Hendrix as good as anybody. Very talented.

If only he wasn't so strange. He wierded me out back in the 80's with those seatless pants, I've never quite gotten over that. :shock:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

I've never liked everything he's recorded but I've always liked his diversity and admired his ability,in a way he reminds me of David Bowie in his ability to please the public but play what he wants.Thank you for the link.

GG

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I just realized that after posting on the Nickelback thread and reading this one that I have a lot of artists that I only like one song of. Prince is one of them since I always loved Purple Rain but could not get into any of his other songs. I do however enjoy listening to him and think he is very talented.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Did you guys know that prince can play over twenty instruments! I cant even name that many. :shock: Hes super talented.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

prince is definatley a musicians musician, he can do it all, i have never been a fan of his, but always respected his talents, in which he is incredibly talented, and thank god, he is finally playing a respectable guitar.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

If only he wasn't so strange. He wierded me out back in the 80's with those seatless pants, I've never quite gotten over that. :shock:

Agreed...and lol.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Anyone seen a video of "While my guitar gently weeps" from the rock and roll hall of fame? It has Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, and Prince plays the solo, and let me tell you... he PLAYS the solo, like none other, it is fantastic. I recommend you download it, legally, by not sharing your files on limewire or something else.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

you mean this?

http://youtube.com/w/Tom-Petty%2C-Jeff-Lynne-%26-Prince--While-my-Guitar-Gently-Weeps?v=oDxzdpcUaNg&search=Prince%20while%20my%20guitar

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

I was just out of high school when prince hit it big with 1999. Of course all the girls loved it so I loved it too. :D

But once I listened a little more I realized the guy was a genuine talent. I still think that some of his better music is when he strips it down to a more blues / gospel thing. The guy has some great pipes.

He has one song Sexy M.F. Its really stripped down. Drums, bass, guitar, organ. Sounds like it was recorded straight with no overdubs. Very tight musically.

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

I assume that's George's son in that video? Jeff Lynne has always been a favourite of mine since his early music with "The Move".
If you want to enjoy Prince I'd start with 1999 or Purple Rain although his lyrics can be a bit raunchy.

GG

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great vids! Thanks for sharing them. Prince is an amazing musician, alittle wierd at times :shock: , but his guitar work has always been amazing. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I was nosing around that video site alot lately. Don't know why, TwistedLefty. :wink: :wink:

This vid I found amazing. I would love to be able to play half as fast and accurate as this guy. I'd be miles ahead of where I'm at right now.

Gotta get some more practicing and technical info flowing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kP-CoQiiTAU

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

"you mean this?

http://youtube.com/w/Tom-Petty%2C-Jeff-Lynne-%26-Prince--While-my-Guitar-Gently-Weeps?v=oDxzdpcUaNg&search=Prince%20while%20my%20guitar "

Goodness Gracious! I am dumbfounded. Thank you very much for sharing.

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I still like 1999. I liked Rasberry Beret too, very catchy.

Gonna check out those videos. Thanks. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2