Notifications
Clear all

[Video] Prince - Fury Saturday Night Live

24 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I'm now a Prince fan!!! Freakin amazing...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

how many musicians can say, they are proficient at , what is it 20 different instruments?
you gotta give him his props, he truly is amazing.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

at the end of while my guitar gently weeps....WHERE DOES PRINCES GUITAR GO?! He throws it into the air and it doesn't land. He doesn't really throw it hard enough for him to toss it to someone overheard but he tosses it straight up so it wasn't into the crowd.... :?

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I was wondering the same thing... He is a very flamboyant performer - I think that adds to his playing... Maybe a little to much, seems arrogant - But still an awesome guitar player...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

whoa! That "While My Guitar Gently Weaps" video was awesome...

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Dhani certainly seemed to enjoy Prince's performance.

I'm sure a roady caught Prince's guitar. IIRC, that boutique Tele is one of his favorites.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Terms like "genius" are overused, particularly when it comes to musicians (IMHO).

However, you can't deny it, Prince is a genius....now it doesn't follow that you have to LIKE him, but anyone that can play that many intruments so well, is worth the accolade.

I saw him live about 15 years ago, and i can tell you live he is just awesome, he's got so much energy its frightening.

The solo he used to play at the end of Purple Rain was simply awesome but he seemed to tire of playing it and rarely seems to give it the full treatment nowadays - great shame as that is a truly great bit of axework.

Much respect to the little guy.

Matt

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

If I can ever master 20 instruments, I am going to go seatless myself. Prince's Purple Rain and 1999 are awsome. Love em. Also like the movies he did. I always liked his strangeness.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

That SNL video was way cool. Very good song. I think I'll have to try out some of his new stuff.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2