Notifications
Clear all

What guitar ??

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@heffsta)
Topic starter  

Hi , I'm after some advice please . Firstly I'm learning the guitar , love it though at times seems I'm not getting far but I still stick with it and haven't lost any enthusiasm! I have a a starter guitar pack .. Kick start practice amp , encore electric guitar all cost about £200 ish . I'm totally aware this is basic but I want to improve on this but do have a budget . I have seen the epiphone slash afd guitar pack with Marshall practice amp for about £240 , the reviews look good , tho is this much improvement on what I have ??? Or is it better spending money on a epiphone v100afd??? Tho don't have a decent amp ! The kick start amp doesn't seem great . Many thanks Matt

(@alangreen)

Epiphone are part of Gibson, so you'll be getting a decent guitar and the AFD pack will be a big step up from where you are. The guitar itself will be Chinese/ Far East-made to keep the cost down but I have a Chinky-Epi and it's fine; I use it for my Big Band gigs, and I've just finished a short run of the musical "Back To The 80s" when it performed exactly as I wanted it to.

Marshall practise amps are the mutt's nuts; I use two 10W Marshall amps in my studio for lessons - me in one, my student in the other. They produce enough grunt to upset the neighbours and the sound quality is decent. You don't get as many controls as you do on the front of a bigger Marshall beastie but you can always save up for the more powerful kit later.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote