Clear all

What is your #1 guitar?

26 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Tonight I cleaned, restrung and setup my #1 guitar so I can play it til the strings are not so good ... then I will re-evaluate if it gets new strings or I switch to another axe. What is your #1 guitar and can we see pictures?

Yes, I put a decal on a Les Paul. The finish really isn't that good and it is my working guitar. It plays and sounds like a dream. No flame, no arch top .... note the mini trap inlays .. but it sounds awsome and plays like ...... I'd say butta but I hate that term :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That would be my MIM Fender Telecaster. Absolutely no competition. Since I bought it, I don't even look at other guitars - it'd feel like I was being unfaithful! Playability? Well, it doesn't even feel like I'm holding a guitar - it's like it's been surgically grafted onto my hands. It really is like an extension of me!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My Epiphone LP Custom. I just feels right ever since the day I plucked it off the wall.

No pic yet, but I promise to do so. Only had it for a few years. :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

my best friend guitar is my late 80's strat plus. back in 92, a year after getting married and six months after getting a full time pensioned job I went to Willies American Guitar. he gave me this strat to try. it was instant love. it was my first strat.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That'd be my famous Johnson (tricone reso) for acoustic and my Agile AS-820 for electric. I've put pics of my Johnson up here a bunch. Don't think I have any of my Agile. I'll have to fix that.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well I only have three guitars and I use my MIM Strat for the most part, but I wouldn't call it my favorite or anything. I don't have that real affection for any particular inanimate object, after all it's just a bunch of wood and metal.

But I do like the feel of the Strat. I like my Jackson too but I never play it because of the Floyd Rose, a mistake I won't make again. I'm going to try and confiscate the wife's Jackson Professional that looks like a sweet guitar, but I know she won't let me have it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

My Epi LP Custom
My Am Fat Strat
My Epi Masterbilt acoustic.

So I have three number 1s.... is that fair? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'd post pics of my Rosencrantz (my Am Std Strat) but its a lil wounded right now. Deffo my number one. :mrgreen:

Right now, my Spear and my MIM Tele are fighting for the second spot. And tbh, I'm not sure which one gets it. I love my Spear, I really do.....but there's just something about that Tele........(Guildenstern, btw)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

My Epi LP Custom
My Am Fat Strat
My Epi Masterbilt acoustic.

So I have three number 1s.... is that fair? :roll: :roll: :roll:
ya. three's too many..Paul or Strat???? :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

My #1 is the one in the middle. They all three get equal playing time though. Each has their own voice.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

they are some TASTY guitars...... :P :P :P

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK, a certain CitiZenNoir worked a little magic on my photo - altered the lighting and turned it around.....

Looks better now, doesn't it.....many thanks, Ken!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Now this is what I wanted! Look at all them purrrrdy geetarz! I just thought it an interesting question because my best or most expensive guitar is not my favorite one. MY Les Paul Studio in black with gold hardware and ebony board has a better finish, cost more and looks nicer than my Special ... but my Special is .... well .... special. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I have a pile of guitars, but there are three that keep floating to the top:

* A somewhat strange, early 80's G&L S500 with mahogany body, ebony 'board, floating trem and that big-@ss headstock (sooo 70's looking :wink: ). The trem makes it Fender resonant, and the massive mahogany body seems to give it almost a LP bloom

* Recent Lite Ash Tele that was an unintentional, but happy purchase. The Duncan neck pup is truly a thing of beauty

and the sentimental fave is

* The Saga Tele Kit I call "Beatercaster." It's currently in pieces getting a nice P90 neck pup. 253 US bux of parts => priceless guitar. Love that piece o' junk!

Pics later.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@cwabbott68)

My fave by far is my 2004 Taylor 314 CE. Electric would be my '95 MIM Tele. The neck just feels right.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2