Notifications
Clear all

Your Fantasy Guitar Collection

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@sixstringherootto)
Topic starter  

I wouldnt want a ridiculously huge collection like 500 guitars. id never play most of them. 10 guitars would be about right. my dream collection would be a gibson black beauty les paul, a Gibson yellow korina explorer, Gibson fireburst firebird VII with whammy and gold hardware, Fender Stevie Ray Vintage Strat, Gibson Double Neck, a G&L Tele, a Fender 12 string acoustic, a Garrison acoustic-electric, and a Ibanez 60s Jumbo. How about you guys, whats your fantasy guitar collection. let your mind run far beyond whats in your bank accout ahah

(@dubyatf)
Trusted Member

All new off the rack or can we get pick old wood? :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

My 'proper' fantasy collection would be everything I've ever seen that I liked the look of ;)

My 'achievable'* fantasy collection would be fairly small - A 'proper' Gibson Les Paul, an Ibanez Iceman, a gorgeous small-production-run guitar I once saw in a magazine (J J Hucke Nightblade), what I've got now and a few custom ideas I've had floating around in my head for the last few years.

*if the long-term plans I have for my position on the income ladder work out, of course ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Mine would be nice and simple:
A Gibson Blueshawk
A Vintage Gibson 335
Matching Fender American Deluxe Tele and Strat
A Seagull Original S6 Cedar Acoustic
A Seagull Coastline Cedar 12-String Acoustic
An ESP Eclipse II
Gibson X-Plorer
Gibson ES-120T

I think thats a well balenced dream list.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'm happy to say I own most of my dream list.....

A nice maple FB tele, a beat up old classical I love to death despite it problems with action and intonaition higher up the board, a strat that's been my workhorse and baby for long enough to be an extension of me, three different but equally nice acoustics (Ibanez, Martin D15, 1978 Ovation), and a couple of pretty solid hubmubcker azes.

If I'd, I'd get a maple FB strat, a Jeff Beck signature strat, a mahogany bodied,/rosewood FB strat (for dark jazzy stuff), a jazz guitar (Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion in dark blue with gold hardware), a resonator, and a coupl of 'backups' that would essentially be replicas of the existing collection. but that would be if e.g. I was making a living touring and/or recording, when such items would be necessary. A nice black or blackburst Les Paul would be nice too, I suppose. But I am actually fairly happy with my lot as it is, tbh. GAS is abated for now, lol.

I'd like a better/wider amp collection, though. But I'm pleased with how my Marshall held up recently, so again it'd be things like a backup of that one, some others that are easier to cart around, and maybe a Mesa Boogie (always wanted one, never been able to afford it and the regular repairs I've heard go hand in hand with owning one).

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I don't know too many guitars, but the ones I've seen and would like to have is a Black and White Gibson SG, a Zakk Wylde Les Paul, A white Gibson Acoustic, and a Gold Strat and a Blue and Yellow Les Paul

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'd simply like to have Les Paul's collection for my own.

Every time Gibson designs a different model with his name on it, they send him one. :D

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I'll just settle for Nigel's collection, as seen in Spinal Tap, including the amp that goes to 11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVWJgIzftE

ReplyQuote