Clear all

Whatever happened to...

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@arnold-grove)
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I'm new around here but I've been a guitar player for over 20 years. A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my closet and found a bunch of Guitar for the Practicing Musician magazines. This was a great mag and I have learned MANY songs from the transcriptions. Anyhow, my question:

What happened to Guitar for the Practicing Musician magazine?

Thanks in advance,
AG

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Welcome Arnold!!!

The problem with "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" was that the cover would easily fall off! I'm pretty sure that was their downfall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they shortened their name to just "Guitar" at one point.

Amazon still has subscriptions to a mag called "guitar," but it's overseas. I don't know if it's the same mag or not....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey Arnold, how far back does some of your collection go to? I don't have many GFTPM because they coundn't take the abuse, but I have a Guitar World from 1991 (My first one - I believe.) Got any from 85?

ReplyQuote
(@arnold-grove)
Topic starter  

Hey NEZ,

Thanks for the reply. I was fortunate enough to keep my mags in a safe place over the years. Some have detatched covers though ;-). Anyhow, I have issues dating back from 1983 through 89-90...complete years. I used to subscribe and I stored them in special magazine binders. Those transcriptions were, quite literally, the soundtrack of my youth. EEEK, I feel old :shock:!!!

Peace,
AG

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

welcome to GN big experienced guitar playing brother....arnie..:wink: (thanks god its was't swarchnegger lol did i spelled right ?)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

EEEK, I feel old :shock:!!!

Nahhhhhhh, usually you would have a bunch of REALLY :wink: old dudes welcoming you here. They must of skipped the GFTPM days... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Can't help you much with the mag but I sure can welcome you to GN

Enjoy your stay and hopefully you will get as much out of this site as we have.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey NEZ,

Thanks for the reply. I was fortunate enough to keep my mags in a safe place over the years. Some have detatched covers though ;-). Anyhow, I have issues dating back from 1983 through 89-90...complete years. I used to subscribe and I stored them in special magazine binders. Those transcriptions were, quite literally, the soundtrack of my youth. EEEK, I feel old :shock:!!!

Peace,
AG

I was right there with you back then AG! :wink: I used to get those mags all the time. 8) Learned alot of tunes from them. I don't have any of them though anymore. Lost to the past along time ago. :cry: Man, I haven't thought about GFTPM in ages! Good times! :D
Welcome to GN too Arnold! 8)
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote