Clear all

What'll You Have?

23 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Grab your guitars and come on over for a jam. On your way upstairs, feel free to grab a cold one:

Save the one you can barely see on the far right for TR. It's an Upstate NY thing.

Vic, there's a guinness back in there somewhere if you prefer chewing your brew. Else, you gotta try one of the Carolina Pale Ales. Got another flavor too that isn't in this shot. Ran out of room. :cry:

I've got a drawer full of lighter stuff below for those who don't like the medium amber ales. Good cooking beer and most of my neighbors like it. Some wine-cooler type stuff a couple shelves below if beer isn't your thing. Sodas one shelf above and below for those who don't drink.

I've got three amps, someone can use my son's bass and there's even a drum set in the room for Bish to play on. If the weather's decent enough, I can even throw on some of my world famous Brisket and Baby Back Ribs.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well Roy maybe if you put a few Newcastles in there..Ha..I was going to make a trip to work to my old stomping grounds in Charlotte next week but it's been canceled due to a travel freeze in the company but maybe sometime in the future.

The wife still has a bunch of stuff in storage in New Bern that we'll have to go get at some point so you never now.

I used to play with Smokingdog when I was down there(well at that time it wasn't much of playing) but I've improved a bit so I might be able to handle some tunes, probably don't know many of the same ones though.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

During hurricane season, we're advised to stock up on the essentials . . . . and make lots of ice . . .

I see you have the essentials . . .

and the ice? . . . that's to keep the essentials cold when the power goes out down here.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I'll bring over some Yuengling. Apparently it's been around for over a hundred years, but it's recently become available in TN. I have been doing my best to make up for all that lost time.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

I'll bring over some Yuengling. Apparently it's been around for over a hundred years...

Be sure to check the 'born on' date with those :wink:

I've always favored Bass Ale (strange, I didn't have one while I was in England.... :? ).
Though I did get turned on to a real nice, crisp, light, refreshing beer from Italy called - Peroni.
Wonderful stuff.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Always been a big fan of Pale Ales. Years ago, I used to work in QC in a brewery - spent a short while in the bottling lab. Developed a taste for Tetley Special Pale Ale while I was there. So one night, I'm having a few drinks with my boss, who was only a couple of years older than me anyway. He pointed out to me that I was paying 46p (told you it was YEARS ago....) for two half-pint bottles of TSPA - and it was only 36p for a pint of Tetley's Bitter. When I said I wasn't a big fan of Tetley Bitter, he pointed out to me that TSPA was brewed to exactly the same formula, although left to ferment a day or so longer (therefore slightly stronger) and contained twice as much Carbon Dioxide as a pint of bitter....

Ah well, my palate wasn't as "refined" back then.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I love the pale ales. Most of my friends do too. I've got great friends. They come over for dinner or whatever, bring a 6-pack and drink 3. I end up with quite a variety. I don't drink a lot right now (bad to mix with meds), but when I do, I want a good one.

dogbite, what's a 'zza? Normally have some Blue Moon in there though. My MN neighbor normally has a few hidden in there.

cnev, there's been Newcastles in there before. That's one heck of a haul to get something out of storage. Even when you were in Charlotte.

Yuengling for JW used to be in there constantly, but that neighbor moved away and no-one's stuffed any in there since.

KR2, the stores here run out of the same items before each threat of snow, ice or hurricane. Bread, Milk, Eggs and beer. I guess they drink the beer all day and then munch on French Toast? :?

Well, if and when I get rid of this head issue, we'll have to have a southern version of the RS Jam. Swamp-side Jam or something like that.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

'zza = Italian pastry . . . ummhh . . . a name brand is Dominoes or Papa Johns

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ahhhhh. Inside fridge. Polished it off the other day though.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ya. zza = pizza. if none is left by the time I arrive then I'll have one of those ales. dark beer is good.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ya. zza = pizza. if none is left by the time I arrive then I'll have one of those ales. dark beer is good.

We can get more. I did promise some Texas and Memphis style BBQ though. Might want to hold out for that. Even my teenage son and his friends (or "peeps", as they say these days?) prefer that over pizza.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK, I have to ask - why is it that when beer's mentioned anywhere on these forums, my name always comes up? :oops: :oops: :oops:
I did promise some Texas and Memphis style BBQ though. Tried Dickie's BBQ Pit while we were in Texas - enjoyed the BBQ sauce so much I went back for more a couple of days later. Big mistake - got food poisoning. I still shudder at the memory.

Another question - there's a restaurant chain in Texas called Chili's. Why don't they actually sell Chili? (Or chilli, as we spell it over here...) I'd heard a lot about Texas chilli, never even got to try it....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK, I have to ask - why is it that when beer's mentioned anywhere on these forums, my name always comes up?

Not sure. Probably the sme reason when someone talks about raving-loons that mine comes up. I'm OK with that. 8)
Another question - there's a restaurant chain in Texas called Chili's. Why don't they actually sell Chili? (Or chilli, as we spell it over here...) I'd heard a lot about Texas chilli, never even got to try it....

Kind of a national chain I think. We have them here too. They kind of jumped on the Tex-Mex bandwagon early on. Typical chain restaraunt food with a few Tex-Mex dishes thrown in. My ribs are better.

Chilli the food, is a whole other topic. People fight over what's good and what's bad. They take it personal. There are 65,000,000 people who cook chilli in this country. 59,999,999 different methods and recipes.

The Dickies I went to in downtown Dallas was awesome. Perfectly done Brisket. I remember that food poisoning story though. Wasn't it some kind of sausage that got you? I got it at McDonalds one time. When I got over it, I ate an entire plateful of green beans.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, pretty sure it was the sausages - man, I have never been so sick in my entire life. I could actually write a chapter of an autobiography about that night - suffice to say, this is a family forum and I don't want anyone else feeling queasy.

I'm proud to say I managed to keep a semblance of a sense of humour even when it felt like death would be a merciful release....someone (I really can't remember who!) asked Marilyn if I'd got a weak stomach - I managed to get out something like, "how far do you WANT me to throw it? Haven't I beat the world record yet?".....then back to staring at the porcelain. For quite a while. Not an experience I'll ever forget - but it pales in significance to the grilling we got from the Minneapolis (or Minnesota) Border Patrol Guards on the way in to America. Wow, those guys had me wishing that my clean underwear hadn't already departed for Texas on the connection we missed because of the interrogation....there's still a very obscene song that Pet and I wrote in a hotel room about those guys that'll never see the light of day anywhere, at least not in these forums.....I know, I know, they were only doing their jobs - it was the way they went about it. I felt about as welcome as a bacon sandwich at a Bar Mitzvah.....

Fortunately, all the American people I met who weren't employed by the Border Patrol were pretty cool....

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2