Skip to content
What's your most ph...

Notifications
Clear all

What's your most physically painful experience?

92 Posts
48 Users
0 Likes
13.7 K Views
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Being circumcised!!!! Thank god it was very early on in my life

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Ouch to all the above!! As for me my bowel got ripped out when I had my first child naturally - so they cut my gut open and sewed it up to the spine; I couldn't move from the bed for two days from pain as they must have bruised all the organs getting them out to check them out. That may turn the ladies off child birth, just be careful who you choose as your physician. More painful than that was in February this year our 15 year old daughter got abducted - we got her back, thankyou God, but everyone's still recovering, especially my daughter - yes emotional scars take the longest to heal. But after all that, children are still worth it, yes, a deeply felt yes.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear that, Violet! I'm glad she is back in safe hands. I hope the person was caught and suffering severely!

I wish her a well recovery and hope her trust in people is not totally lost.

Again, sorry to hear that she and the family had to go through that.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks so much Mike for your kind words - it's one of the things a parent dreads going through eh. THe good news is she's just been offered an apprenticeship and a job in managerial skills in the hospitality industry, she's good at organizing and a bright personality; a lot of counselling has helped with some very nice counsellors, and she's got some good peer group friends, thanks again, much appreciated, Allison

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Sorry Mike, took me a while to think what to write about the perpetrators, there were two guys, went through all the police mechanisms - they are still at large - we take the german shepard dog with us if we go anywhere on our own, taking self defence classes :)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

REALLY sorry to hear that! I hope they are apprehended soon!

Great to hear she is doing well, though.

Thank you for replying back.

Have a good week,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, how could I have missed this thread? I should be in here.

1) Caught my hand on fire with gasoline once trying to light wet leaves, 2nd degree burns.

2) I was bitten by a Water Moccasin on the right foot when playing soccer in my neighbor's yard in Florida. It felt like red hot electricity going through my whole body.

Many motorcycle accidents.

3) Went off a 40 foot sand-dune and literally landed right on my face (explains a lot)

4) Crashed into a fence going about 80 MPH, got thrown about 150 feet. Still have some back problems from this.

5) Crashed, severe cut to my knee, still have gravel in my knee from that one.

Many surfing accidents

6) Got wrapped up with my board in a large wave. The fiberglass fin (30 layers of glass) stabbed into my left thigh and broke off. I had to pull the fin out of my leg and it wasn't easy.

7) Scrapped on the sand and rocks about a thousand times.

8) Tried a roller-coaster, my board came out from under my feet and struck me in the mouth. My teeth went through the fiberglass. Couldn't eat solids for awhile.

Many skateboard accidents.

9) Been severly scrapped up hundreds of times. Dislocated kneecap. Injured wrist many times.

Many baseball accidents.

10) Hit squarely in the left eye by a hard line drive. Knocked me flat. Had headaches for months.

11) Spiked by a dirty player. Still have large scars on my shin from that.

Many kid accidents.

12) Fell out of a tree onto a concrete slab. Had to get stitches in the back of my head.

13) Cut my foot in bike accident. Stitches.

14) Tried to stand up on a metal merry go round (don't try this). Fell, landed on metal bar, split my mouth open, stitches again.

And just like TwistedFingers, had my heart ripped out by a woman and stomped on. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Gee, you're a lucky guy, Wes! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Dude, that's just insane! Now I seriously hope you can name an equal ammount of insanely positive things...

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Geez Wes. I can officially stop worrying about dying. All THAT and your still here, I have nothing to worry about.

Violet - That is terrible. Both of your examples but I think the childbirth had to have been minor compare to the pain of a child being abducted. Things like that scare the life out of me.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I can officially stop worrying about dying.Sometimes you're afraid you'll die. Sometimes you're afraid you won't.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Oh, that's only about half of it, but I was trying to keep it short.

Wrecked on my motorcycle, about 30 stitches over my left eye.

Remember the old "Two Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed"?

When I was 3 years old I was jumping on the bed, landed face first on the frame, got about 15 stitches over my right eye.

Went surfing in very large storm waves once, I was held under several minutes, came within an inch of drowning.

Stepped on a Sting Ray (actually a Skate) while surfing. The spine just before it's tail broke off in my foot. I thought I had stepped on a piling sticking up and broke my foot. When I got to the doctor he pulled the spine out. My foot swelled up huge for days.

Went surfing at night at the famous Huntington Beach Pier in California. 7-10 foot waves. I attempted to "shoot the pier" and ran right into one of the huge concrete pillars. Got barnacle cuts all over.

Really funny incident. I was climbing a large Magnolia tree with my older brother when I was 10 years old. I sawed through a large limb. I expected the limb to fall, but it didn't budge an inch. So, like a dummy I walked out on this limb. I was holding onto a limb above. The cut limb fell suddenly catching me off guard. I fell about 20 feet, landed flat on my back. Knocked the breathe out of me. My head missed hitting a tree stump by inches.

I could go on and on, but you probably wouldn't believe it. I will count scars with anybody. I am covered from head to toe with them.

I still think Twisted Fingers has me beat. But not by much.

Even with all these accidents, I've never broken a bone.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Geoo, I hesitated about writing mine, then later thought , oh I shouldn't have written that, then my daughter said, it's ok mum, it just reminds people to take care - it's humbling when your children speak such words of wisdom to you.

One things for sure, Twisted Fingers and Wes are definitely meant to be here! :)

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

well seeing as how I've only been around for 16 years my most painful experience was in second grade when I fainted off the top riser out of 5 and then the next day I broke my arm. Yea it was a really bad week for me..but if I hadnt scratched my nose i wouldnt have broken my arm!! LoL I was on top of the monkey bars..yea not very pretty..plus i had on a skirt!!!ahh!!

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I just recalled something that I believe beats my back surgery. I'd thankfully forgotten about it. About fifteen years ago I was pitching batting practice for my softball team. Our strongest power hitter hit a ball straight back at me. It hit a couple of feet infront of me a took a bad bounce. The ball came up and hit me squarely on the left testicle. My team mates said I looked like a deer that had been shot throught the heart. Flipped up in the air and landed flat on my back. I couldn't breath for what seemed like an eternity. I had to crawl off the field. My testicle became swollen to the size of a tennis ball. I haven't pitched since then. :cry:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7