Skip to content
Where do I find a g...

Notifications
Clear all

Where do I find a gigbag for a 17" Jazzguitar?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just as the title implies I'm looking for a gigbag for my newly purchased Epiphone Boradway. The only problem is that it's huge. It's something like 113 cm long and 44 cm wide.

I've only found one option which is http://www.thomann.de/se/rockbag_rb20619b_plus_jazz.htm . I'm not looking for anything fancy and as cheap as possible. The Rockbag linked is ok, but a bit pricey. Thomanns own brand would've been great but they're a bit too small.

I'm not intersted in a hardcase, because it will most likely cost as much as the guitar and they weigh way too much to carry around on public transport. I have one to my acoustic and it's a real hassle. But to that guitar it's needed.

So if anyone owns a gigbag to their jazzguitar what do you use? I've been searching the net for two day, when not playing guitar, just trying to found a good option.

EDIT: I think I changed my mind regarding hardcases. Found this: http://www.thomann.de/se/thomann_jumbojazz_koffer_tweed.htm . It's not much more than the gigbag and it's tweed!! Could still use some advice though.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Did you see if Epiphone has gigbags for that guitar? I have a Les Paul. When I bought it, I bought a standard hard case which was much wider and longer than the guitar. When I was going to buy another hard case, the salesman told me Epiphone had those cases and they were cheaper than the standard cases. They had a case for the 335 in the store. It was some years ago but it was around 60€.

On hardcases vs. gigbags. You will need more room for the hardcase (the gigbag is almost the size of the guitar) but the guitar is much more protected on those cases.

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It's weird, but a epiphone bag för this gitarr doesn't seem too exist. It's bigger than a 335, even bigger than a 175. I ordered the hardcase. With the cold winters here it's probably needed anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I got the tweed case as a late birthday gift from my girlfriend and it arrived yesterday. It matches the guitar very nicley. Still loving the guitar. Even more now when I finally managed to get rid of the foam under the bridge.

Pictures of both the guitar and the hardcase

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Pretty.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, nice guitar and nice case... Any chance for sound clips? ;-)

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, nice guitar and nice case... Any chance for sound clips? ;-)

I'm sorry Nuno, but I'm missing a soundcard to record with. My initial thought when I went in to the guitarshop was to buy an external soundcard but I came home with the guitar instead...

I'll try to record something on the Ipod, wich has a surprisingly good recording function, and if it's any descent I'll post a soundclip.

ReplyQuote