Skip to content
Chris Rupp Guitar V...

Notifications
Clear all

Chris Rupp Guitar Videos: An Excellent Resource!

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just purchased two of these videos from Chris Rupp from his eBay store. I purchased the Rock Scales, Arpeggios etc/50 Rock Riffs 2 DVD package! and it was well worth the price. I did suggest to him that he include more application of theory but otherwise I recommend these videos for any beginner or intermediate player...He provides tab for everything on the videos and they are high quality. I plan on purchasing his other 2 videos: Rock and Blues dvd guitar lessons double package within the next week.

(@derecola)
Trusted Member

looks good,i will have to get a few myself.

ReplyQuote
(@amistad)
Eminent Member

Many thanks for posting this info, mikespe. After having a look at his online offerings, I ordered the Blues DVD yesterday. It looks like the tool that I've been needing to help me get on with what I enjoy most in guitar playing... Just gotta have the blues! :D

Amistad
'well, I'm gonna be learnin' now...'

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thanks Mike. I ordered the beg and inter blue DVD based on your review of the other. We jam at the guitar studio I take lessons from once per week and I always feel like I am left out cause I dont know alot about the blues. Even though my instructor says I do fine, I hope this DVD will give me some licks and confidence enough to play better. With practice of course

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@amistad)
Eminent Member

Many thanks for posting this info, mikespe. After having a look at his online offerings, I ordered the Blues DVD yesterday. It looks like the tool that I've been needing to help me get on with what I enjoy most in guitar playing... Just gotta have the blues! :D

I've had the DVD here for a few days now. This is some excellent instruction! I am so glad that I saw this thread and have launched out into a new experience in learning to play the blues!

Amistad
'really some great stuff!'

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I just got the Blues DVD yesterday and looked through it quickly. I liked it a lot. He gives you quite a bit of information for what you pay...

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I got mine Sat but didnt have much time to concentrate on it. I did let it play while I was cleaning and such. Some of it seemed to be pretty complex for a beginner video. But at the same time there was enough beginning material to make it fun. I guess what I am saying is that I will be working with this for a long time before I get the more complex stuff down.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Not sure how the rest of you are getting on with the Blues Guitar for Beg and Intermediates but I am find it very difficult. I have had quite a bit of time with it since I recieved it Sat. Guess you could call this MY review.

I wish that it had a "roadmap" for one. So I would know where to start and what to do next. But the lessons seem intermixed and most of them are way beyond my level which I didnt expect.

Also, I have used other products that had a virtual fretboard at the bottom, an upclose of the instructors fretting hand in one box and an upclose of the strumming hand in the other. This is much easier for me because if I cant tell what his fretting fingers are doing on the guitar I can look at the virtual fretboard and figure it out. This DVD does not have that and sometimes the camera angle makes it difficult to see what he is playing.

Some of the lessons are also played too fast, and yes there is a slow down version but since he usually plays the "at speed" version and then the slow version and only does this once, I find myself rewinding more than playing.

On a postive note, there is a LOT of information on this video. He definately didnt skim on content. The price is pretty good too. For $15 it was worth trying out.. The menu system is pretty good although, as I said, I wish it was broken down by level a little bit better.

Hes a terrific player but I personally cant see myself purchasing another video from him until I am a more advanced player.

IMHO
Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Yea since I have been tinkering with the blues for a bit his lessons came to be a bit easier. I like that he includes tabs for everything so you really don't need a fretboard on the video...at least I like the tab better. I can hear the piece look at the tab for the fingerings and then decide what is the best way to pick the song for me.

Geo...let me know what you are having difficulties with and I can see if I can help. I just got back from a 3 day camping trip with my 5th graders so it may be a day or 2 before I get back to you though

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

3 days with 5th graders. I bet that was a blast.

Honestly, my biggest problem is how quickly he moves through stuff and that there isnt a beginning and ending point but your suggestion could actually come in very handy. I didnt think about the sheet music tab that he sent along with it. So I could listen to it, then practice off the tab until I get it down or better and then replay it to see if I am close.

I hope I didnt make it sound like I dont like it... I do... I am just not good enough for it yet. But.. if it were too easy I guess I would be complaining too. LOL

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@chris-rupp)
Eminent Member

Hi this is Chris Rupp the author of the DVDs you guys were discussing. I just stumbled across this guitar forum and think it's really cool. I'm about to release a new DVD that shows you how to play an entire classic song solo and all. What do you guys think about that :?: I love the feedback on my blues DVD. It's great to read feedback between people who own my DVD.

Chris Rupp :)

Monthly guitar lessons with Chris Rupp
Visit chrisrupp.com
Visit my Ebay store for guitar instructional dvds

ReplyQuote