Clear all

Fingerpicking Beatles book

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This is a Hal Leonard book. It features twenty Beatles songs arranged for solo fingerstyle guitar. What's nice about it is that the songs are arranged in order of difficulty so it's a good book to learn from, if you're interested in learning fingerstyle. The first song is Yesterday and it's a very simple arrangement that sounds very pretty. Next in order of difficulty is Let It Be and then In My Life. It winds up with Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Hey Jude and come Together.

This is not an instructional book in fingerstyle. It assumes that you know the basic chords. When special chords are required it will show you at the beginning. It also will not show you suggested fingering. This book is good for someone who wants to learn fingerpicking by learning songs. So if you already play a little guitar and are tired of strumming, fingerstyle may be the thing for you. You can add some recognizable Beatles songs to your repetoire, be able to play them by yourself and you don't have to worry about what you're singing sounds like!

(@rmorash)
Estimable Member

Had to check my books as I have one called "Fingerpicking Beatles" as well but it's not Hal Leonard although I did buy it some 25+ years ago.

This one is by Eric Schoenberg ISBN 0-8256-2234-4 (USA) or 0-7119-0078-7 (UK) and published by Amsco Publications

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

A nice version of Norwegian Wood from that book that even in my hands is recognizable. A good Hal Leonard book for the collection. :)

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I've got the Eric Schoenberg book, also. It contains 16 songs (All My Lovin' (1), I Feel Fine, Things We Said Today, It's Only Love, All My Lovin' (2), I'm Looking Through You, I Should Have Known Better, Julia, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Hey Jude, Your Mother Should Know, Here There And Everywhere, I'll Get You, Lady Madonna, Mother Nature's Son, Blackbird). On the two "All My Lovin'"s, the first one "consists of the melody, simply, but fully stated, with a proper alternating bass line". The second one "comes from the voice below the melody" "The bass also contains simple, melodic lines which contribute to the overall contrapuntal effect. Proper left hand fingering is essential, as is hearing the three horizontal lines of melody, countermelody and bass".

I love this book! And, I highly recommend it! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote