Clear all

Got a new book...

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My wife bought me a new book the other day, just sat down with it last night. It's called Totally Guitar - The Definitive Guide. It has tons of pictures. Talks about everthing from making guitars, maintenance, stringing, has playing tips for a bunch of different styles. It's got pictures anf histories of 130 (i think) different guitar manufacturers too.

Now if it would only make me a better player... :lol:

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sounds like a great reference book. How much?

ReplyQuote
(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Not sure exactly, about $25.00. It's a very large(200+- pages), hard cover book. All kinds of good info.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

$29.98 at Amazon. It seems very, very interesting to me. The index is good and the first chapter is very well organized. Perphaps in my next purchase to Amazon...

Satch, just a curiosity, talks about pedals and such but do it explain how to achieve a specific tone for example? I mean, a blues tone or a distorsed tone similar to somebody. Currently I'm looking for a tone, my tone, I'm trying to understand how to modify the sound with differents pedals or modellers. The book seems very complete, perhaps also it includes this topic.

Thanks in forward.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

I'd have preferred it if it came with a CDDVD for the example riffslicks etc, but other than that it's a very good book IMHO. Picked it up cheap from Costco a few years ago!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Looks like you can pick it up used at Amazon for $10.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Looks like you can pick it up used at Amazon for $10.
Yep, I said the price for new items. I don't know the state of the used or "new" books. I never used this kind of purchase in Amazon, only in stores or direcly in the street.

ReplyQuote
(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

As far as pedals and tone, there is only general advice. Might be helpful. I just recently found a couple tones I'm really happy with. (metal, and rock). Still looking for a great blues tone.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, the blues tone seems to be difficult to find... meanwhile, we are playing :D

BTW, there are several threads on "the quest of the tone" and also on equalization. I don't have the links here but it could be useful for your searching.

Thanks Satch!

ReplyQuote