Clear all

Guitar for Dummies any good?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@badblood909)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Are there any good professional/editorial reviews I could check out?

Thanks in advance.

(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Try doing a google or other search on the title or titles that interest you. Just remember most professional reviews are written by folks that got paid for it.

Not saying they were necessarily biased. But, most folks tend not to bite the hand that feeds them.  ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't Amazon have some reviews?

ReplyQuote
(@badblood909)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

They do, and I already checked them out...

But I already came to the conclusion that Amazon isn't too good when it comes to book reviews for such mainstream stuff, even their music reviews aren't good anymore.

I guess I'll get the book anyway, thanks for the tips.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have the book. Never finished it. Left it back home(far away) and never wanted it to get shipped here. It concentrates on the classical style of guitar to teach a beginner. If your a total beginner I would suggest reading the beginner section on this site (free). If it's too hard to comprehend, the emedia software seems good. I tried the demo and it's good detailed instructions. Keep in mind the beginner guitar teaching software has a VERSION 3 now. Always good to have the latest.   :)

ReplyQuote