Clear all

It Might Get Loud

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I watched It Might Get Loud on DVD over the long weekend and it was absolutely amazing. It was a look into the minds of 3 very influential guitar players from 3 different generations - Jimmy Page, Edge, and Jack White. It was nicely edited from 3 types of video - archival footage, individual interviews, and a group discussion/playing session with all 3 of them.

Well worth watching if you can.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I enjoyed it very much. It was interesting to see the three different approaches to getting expression out of their instruments.

Another video to watch is Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's - whether you are into Jeff's music or not, watching his mastery of the guitar is indeed jaw dropping.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

In It Might Get Loud, it was pretty cool to see Jimmy Page's face light up like a kid in a candy store when he was talking about Link Wray's Rumble while he dug out the old 45 that he of it. Also, his guitar storage room looked immense to me. Probably has more guitars than TR. :lol:

I'll have to look up that DVD of Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's. I love Jeff's playing - it's absolutely stunning what he gets out of a guitar. I've seen him play live quite a few times over the last few decades.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

I ordered a copy after reading your review and watched it last night - it was excellent.

Thanks for mentioning this :-)

ReplyQuote