Clear all

The Everything Rock and Blues Guitar Book

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bford)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone used this book before? If so how would you rate it, absolute beginner, beginner, intermediate, advanced and so on? Good book or no?
Any feed back appreciated.
Thanks

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've got the book and have used it. It covers a lot of ground, generally at beginner level, working toward intermediate. I bought mine from one of those discount book shops, for a couple of quid, as I remember.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Greybeard thanks for the reply. I am still in the beginner stages of playing so I think I'll drop some change on the table and give the book a try. I had another person off site tell me it was a good book for a beginner so I wanted some opinion from those here. Thanks again.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Like I said, I picked mine up (along with a couple of other guitar books) in a discount book shop (in England). If you have any such shops, where you live, go along and see if, by chance, they have it in stock.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

It is not a method book with lessons or a reference book with 5 billion chords, but has good explanations of all the basic stuff and lots more. It was the first book I bought (and I looked at tons of them) and I still look things up in it. Good choice to start with.
(It has the authors email in the book and one day when I was flipping through it at my computer I dropped the author a note saying I thought he wrote a good book and he replied within 20 minutes thanking me for my comments and said if I didn't understand anything to feel free to email him with a question. Now where short of Guitarnoise will you find that kind of attitude??) :wink: 8)

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I have the book, too. Bought it shortly after I started playing a year and a half ago. I find it to be a good reference manual. I still refer to it from time to time. Has some good exercises in it for learning different techniques. I'd recommend it as a reference work but it's not really an instructional book. If you are using sonething different for lessons, then this is a good suppliment.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote