Clear all

AnotherAttempt

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thought i'd post another attempt at singing for anyone who is listening. :note1: :note2:
http://soundcloud.com/patina-2/dr0000-0186/s-X6g93

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Dunno what's up. On a few attempts, the content of the recording did not show up for me? Will keep trying anyhow, thanks.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

if you are still there you can try now.i had it on private by mistake. :note1: :note2:

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Okay Pearl, the singing is all right, but the even better news (IMHO)... is that you can improve. :D

Firstly, seen in the context as a cover, you do not want to be compared with the original which is polished and professional.

However, if you were an indie artist doing your own material, you'd be fine, or nearly there, expressing yourself in a chosen manner - or with the present inflection, levels of sustain and overall texture.

To improve, simply add the most possible pitch/tune to your voice (I wouldn't have noticed you were off in an acapella situation, if I didn't know the original) and hold the vowel sounds without waivering (unless it is vibrato) and with confidence, and just don't hold any consonants like the mmmm.

You'll be fine, with a good basis for singing, good voice etc. It's a matter of practice now, with some of the rules, whatever they are, don't ask me? I just 'do it', like I'm looking for 2 new female singers for my future band right now or for next month.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote