Notifications
Clear all

avenged sevenfold

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@axe_junkie33)
Topic starter  

does anybody have any advice for singing(screaming)like the hardcore bands like atryeu, avenged sevenfold,and all those other heavy metal bands?whenever i try it i just end up getting a voice crack and it sounds really bad. Can anybody help me? :?

how do you spell illiterate?

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I'm kind of wondering if there's a trick to it too. As far as I know, the only trick is a willingness to destoy your vocal chords, but I've got my fingers crossed that there's something I don't know. BTW, good choice for your thread title. You got me to click. :D I saw those guys a while back. Great show.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

How does AC/DC does it ??

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I think he just sings really high and makes it a little breathy.

We're talking about the other kind of screaming though.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I don't know either but you have to train yourself like anything else. I think I read that it took Aaron Lewis of Staind awhile before he could do it. He had the same problem. Now Staind isn't as heavy as some of the bands out there.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Ok I used to be a pretty big Linkin Park fan, and while they are not exactly as 'heavy' as other, Chester can scream pretty damm well. From an interview:

"According to Chester, the reason he can scream like he does now is that when he was young he used to sing at the top of his voice around the house all the time."

So I guess its like most things: If you practice you'll get better as your vocal chords develop, so the best bet is probably to start singing loudly a lot, and take it from there.

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I think after you devastate your vocal chords enough, you can scream like they do through constant healing and re-healing.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you want to end up like M. Shadows, and barely be able to speak after shows - use your natural voice, put a little bit of edge on it, and tell anybody who wants you to scream to bugger off!

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote