Could use any and all suggestions on singing, clip included

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=361288&songID=5523856

I've been taking a serious look at singing for the past few months and things are slowly getting better. But to get it to a proper level I'll probably need some help, so if any experts here can give advice or tips on all aspects of the vocal part or singing in general I'd be extremely gratefull. :D I wrote the tune myself, and I chose this because the Dutch will allow most people here to focus on the sound and tone instead of the text.

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I can't give you any advice except that you have a good voice in that it's deep and you can carry a tune, at least. Do you have a store where you live that sells music books? You can get a book that has vocal exercises that comes with a CD if you don't want to take voice lessons. Voice lessons are the best, though, since someone experienced can listen for all the nuances in your voice and help with your overall tone. Guitars aren't the only thing that has tone!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

You're not going to like reading this at all, Arjen! :D But, I think you have a wonderful voice! It's very strong and very pure! The only things I might recommend to you would be to work on developing your breathing technique, I heard only a couple of places, though, where it was ever-so-slightly noticeable that you were running out of breath. With a voice like yours, I would also work on developing your range. I can tell that you potentially have an incredible voice, just build it up and nurture it and you'll be amazing!

My apologies if my response was too sugary!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

we're all just too nice here!!!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I was going to post something until I read the other two posts who obviously made veiled references to my post in the News forum and I rest my case.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote