Notifications
Clear all

Digitech Vocalist Live

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stringhawk)
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any experience with either the 2 or 4 or similar devices? They sound cool in the demos... :)

(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member

Sort of....Not with Digitech, but withT.C. Helicon, a competitor for vocal effects products. I owned the VoiceLive pedal for a while, a very expensive ($700-800 new) pedal that produced wonderful harmonies. The problem is that the box was so complex to manage that I finally sold it. Manufacturers these days seem to have lost the idea of simplicity--too many options/features, too many tweaks. We're not all synth/computer programmers, and a box like VoiceLive is just too difficult to work. Good sounds, though, if you're up to the task.

The Digitech adds the feature of "reading" the key, based upon your guitar chords. This has great potential, but I would try before I buy. It may be less impressive inpractice than it is on paper!

By the way, T.C. Helicon finally did get it right, to my mind: Their VoiceCorrect and VoiceCreate pedals produce great sounds and are a breeze to work! :) No harmonies, though.

Final thought: Digitially produced harmonies sound nice, but I suspect that they will appear gimmicky to an audience. Perhaps a solo acoustic player can add a single background voice, subtly and tastefully, but producing CSN or Beach Boys sounds, or entire choirs for that matter (they can do this!) will draw attention to one's gear and away from one's mojo. :roll:

Best,
Jersey Jack

ReplyQuote