False setto is gone?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@e-guitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey there!

I am 15 currently, in choir, and I am in the tenor part :D . I used to have my false setto but of course I got older and my voice grew deeper.

Now whenever I try and use my false setto all that comes out is air, no sound.

As my voice continues to change will my false setto come back? Because I can sing higher now than I could last Spring, but my false setto is gone.

Classic rock is da best! Van Halen, Jimmy Paige, Jimmy Hendrix, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC (of course), Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, what more could a guy like me want?

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

I don't think you'll get your falsetto back, it occurs in youth...

If you are getting some more range in your vocals that's goood - mezzo soprano, soprano, maybe just a good voice! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@e-guitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok because my choir teacher sways has us men use false setto and I just have to mouth it haha

Classic rock is da best! Van Halen, Jimmy Paige, Jimmy Hendrix, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC (of course), Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, what more could a guy like me want?

ReplyQuote
(@morethanguitar)

Your falsetto is probably not gone. I'm 48 and have a decent falsetto, if I say so myself. How long ago did you start to sing lower? Have you been ill recently?

ReplyQuote
(@e-guitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well my voice has just been getting deeper for awhile and ever since all that comes out is air when I try and use my false setto

ReplyQuote
(@td3201)

Don't sweat it. Everyone is different. Boys turning into men, things change, especially your vocal cords. I went from a baritone into a deep base II. Some guys go the other way. Keep up on the theory (reading and understanding music), that's the only thing that matters at your stage of the game in my opinion. Your voice will catch up with the mind.

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member

I am a struggling singer to put it mildly. One thing I have been told is that Falsetto is pretty much in your head voice and is NOT an octive. Keep practicing!

ReplyQuote