Clear all

most important step in singing

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

ive been singing for say 1 and a half years, ive overcome many obstacles and became a much better singer comparing to what i was, but i have failed to accomplish 1 thing and thats the most important thing in singing, thats setting your voice free. if i can get that done, all my effort will be wothy, but i just cant set it free. any advice will be appriciated.

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

What do you mean by that?

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you mean you want to sing instead of trying to sing I'd like the answer as well. All kinds of weird accents creep in when I sing, pretty hard to use my own voice.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

i find singing an effort, not something thats relaxing, so yeah someone tell me the secret to!!! :D

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

what i mean is the voice sounds stuck somewhere, it doesn't flow freely...in other words the fullness is missing, and volume is not there as well.

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

try lying on your back with your feet set apart, life your pelvis off the floor and move your feet around until there at the perfect placement for doing that, then put your hands on your hips so your thumbs are on the back of your hip bone, breath into there. feel the difference? how suddenly your stomach inflates easily? thats where you should sing from, the lips enunciate the sound. and your throat positions it for the high notes only, mainly. my freind once says he imagines there is a direct line from his stomach to out of his mouth and the sound flows through with no interference from anything else, he also imagines his words hitting the wall opposite, that gives him clear pronunciation, power and projection.

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

sounds good to me!!!! thanx man

ReplyQuote
(@general-savage)
Eminent Member

I've been playing guitar for 28 years, I can't quiet seem to set it free like Jimi Hendrix or Martin Taylor yet!

General Savage

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

depends what we all mean by 'set it free' when i think of it i think of power and volume without being forced...

ReplyQuote