Clear all

Omg....

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ximjustmeeo)
Topic starter  

Hi,

(sorry if I posted this twice, but the first time it didn't appear....)

Anyways...in the begining of this December, I have an audition for a performing arts school I would like to attend next year. But, lately I haven't felt to well, and have a sore throat at times, so... I haven't gotten around to practicing because I don't want to damage my vocals chords...So, the question I would like to ask is...will 2 weeks be enough time to get my voice in shape for the audition? :?:

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I think that depends a lot on how good your technique is. If you know what exercises to do and where they should put you then you should be able to get back in shape. If you're flying blind, or you weren't at the level you need to be at even before you got sick then you may be in a much worse position. Are you getting back in shape, or are you still trying to get to the level you need?

Regardless, you should definitely give it your best shot. Don't strain yourself though.

ReplyQuote
(@ximjustmeeo)
Topic starter  

'Kay, thanks for the response ^__^ And, no, I didn't have my voice in top shape before....eh....I guess if I don't feel I've improved before the audition, I might not go.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I wouldn't let not being in top form stop me from going. I would hope that the people holding the audition would be looking for potential not a finished product.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I agree, dont talk yourself out of it before you give it a shot. Really the act of doing it is worth everything regardless if you are accepted or not. It gives you the experience and drive to go back out and try again.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Listen to these guys! Whatever shape your'e in you should go. You don't know exactly what they're looking for, so you don't know whether they'll want you or not, and even if you don't get accepted, the experience will be valuable. You can never have too much auditioning practice.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There are some truths in life and some are simple physics.
If you go they can say yes or no but if you don't go the answer will, without doubt, be NO.

ReplyQuote