Clear all

Rate my voice

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@chopper23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok so ive never really been a singer and never really tryed to sing until a few weeks ago when im getting in to home recording. I dont think i have a good voice but its allways good to get other peoples opinions aswell.

Listen to my pearl jam cover and tell me what you think how i coulnd improve ect

Thanks alot

http://www.myspace.com/0syphon0

(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

Well man you definitly have the Eddie Vedder thing going, I'll give you that, good instrumentals btw...
You're a bit off in somtimes in the song, overall good though. Are the vocals overdubbed or live?

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@chopper23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yeah it was live, cheers for the comment :D

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

More power. I think the biggest mistake people make, is that when they try to cover another bands song they try to sound like the original singer. At least that seems to be what's happening, because it sounds like your holding back.

Anyways, the best thing I can recomend is to open your mouth real wide and to work on breathing and force.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@chopper23)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks il try that, also i agree i have to find my own style of singing rather than trying to copy vedder as i was doing in the song.

I find it hard to let it all out and really go for it as im recording in my bedroom i cant make to much noise for the neighbours and stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Thanks il try that, also i agree i have to find my own style of singing rather than trying to copy vedder as i was doing in the song.

I find it hard to let it all out and really go for it as im recording in my bedroom i cant make to much noise for the neighbours and stuff.

HAha, yeah. I have the exact same problem. If I think someone can hear me through the walls or floor I get really embarassed. The only place I actually sing with any force is when I'm driving down the highway at 90 mph with the windows open. It's something I should really work on getting over.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@bigcq8713)

its really good if you like the pearl jam type signing. I personally dont but if thats wut you are going for then yes it is good

ReplyQuote
(@aussie-rocker)
Eminent Member

Great music to "Cut your wrists by".

Sorry Dude. I don't like that morbid style of singing.

Actually, I don't even rate that style of singing as singing.

Your pitch was all over the place too.

I don't mean to be nasty, but try songs that are a bit brighter and melodic if you want favourable opinions.

Good luck with whatever you do though.

ReplyQuote