Notifications
Clear all

FGbDbGbBbEb tuning?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lumpycereal)
Topic starter  

How would I go about tuning my guitar in [FGbDbGbBbEb]? I've looked all over the internet, but none of the methods have been helpful.

(@alangreen)

What level are we starting from? If I say that the Db-Gb-Bb-Eb part of that tuning is standard Eb do you know what I mean or is it going over your head?

The simplest way is to use a chromatic tuner. Korg make some good models for cheap money. Don't forget that Gb will probably display on the tuner as F# and Db as C#. If you don't know why that is so, head over to our lessons pages.

Next simplest - tune to a keyboard.

Or

Tune your 1st string to the 4th fret of your 2nd string, then retune the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings as though you were doing it normally.

The 5th string will then be a perfect 5th below the 4th string - so tune it by comparing notes at the 7th fret of the 5th string

And the 6th string F will be a semitone beow the 5th string (F->F#), so the tuning point there will be at the 2nd fret.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@lumpycereal)
Topic starter  

The keyboard method seemed to work the best for me, many thanks!

ReplyQuote