Clear all

New stuff

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'll have photos up tomorrow, but I am acquiring a National Dynamic (red, like Freddie Roulette- though six string and not 8 ) by Fedex at some point. I recently had purchased a Sierra 8 string from a friend but had to sell almost immediately due to a health problem. The Dynamic came in the deal from a hero of mine here in the States, Mike Neer. I'm quite excited to have the tone of that guitar with my Oahu Tonemaster, which is quite fat and tight. I also revamped my effects before the hospital stay, acquiring a Foxx Tone Machine, an HAO Rust Booster, and a Boss PS5 to run into my Vox AC15 and a Silvertone 1482 (original RCA tubes!)Needless to say, I'll be busy during my convalescence! I am very influenced recently by Nob Sugino, and have been going in a more aggressive direction sometimes. I'll post pics of the guitars shortly.

(@steinar-gregertsen)
Honorable Member

Those red and white Dynamics are great (actually, ALL Dynamics are great :lol: ), can't wait to see it! I suppose it's an early 60s model since it's red?

8)
Steinar

"Play to express, not to impress"
Website - YouTube

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Not sure about the year yet, but I agree about Dynamics- never heard a bad one. And if Mike has been playing it it is probably kind of great. His tone is amazing and he has an excellent ear. I am thinking of starting a pool to see how long it takes for him to get one of Rick Aiello's potbellies for the Sierra! Hehehe. It was an awesome guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wow, seriously hot guitar in every way. Pickup is just on fire, the fretboard (never seen a chrome one) is a thing of beauty. It is a beautiful guitar, complete with legs.

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

the pickup area;

ReplyQuote
(@steinar-gregertsen)
Honorable Member

Yeah that's a beauty, congratulations! Looks identical to the early 60s model I had, except from the chrome fretboard - these sounds killer! Or in the words of David Lindley; "Concentrated rock'n'roll tone".... 8)

Steinar

"Play to express, not to impress"
Website - YouTube

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'd say Uncle Dave nailed it; the Oahu is being relegated to clean stuff, the Dynamic sounds SOOO good with the OD and fuzz that it will get all those duties for the time being. It is a bit bright, but very strong; quite a bit bigger sounding than my old double 8 and very versatile with a wide sweep on the tone knob. Through the AC15 it is almost overwhelming. Through the Silvertone 1482 it is just about perfect. I use an HAO Rust Booster and with a slight boost it has a very musical overdrive with a very complex harmonic structure. I am quite pleased! Great guitar!

ReplyQuote