7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

First of all let me say I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year, that you gave and received in the best of spirits and things were peaceful.

Personally I had a great Christmas break - I even managed to accompany my brother-in-law on a Barenaked Ladies song (If I Had a Million Dollars) for a family party piece we'd agreed on. Amazingly I only forgot one chord change through the song (there are only 4 chords in the entire song) but even more amazingly I managed to sing in tune from start to finish. Even though we were only performing to a small number of family, who were always going to be kind, it was still an achievement and thoroughly enjoyable and my part was made easier by all I've learned from the Guitarnoise community. Thank you.

So we start a new year and we start a new assignment - What I'd like for this week is a song based around promises (or resolutions if you so desire). It can be about making and keeping, making and forgetting, life changing, etc. You'll get the idea. I am deliberately making it topical at this time of year.

Good Writing

Bob :wink:

PS I know strictly this is our eighth week as we had last week off but this way I can keep track of SSG better.

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Had a idea " could we not have a poll " and have like song of the week ?

Everyone who submits a song gets to vote what they think is the best song for that week ?

Oops Hilch engage brain prior to posting .... nothing stopping me from voting for my song 100 times is there ...

Sorry forget about me stupid idea .....

Must have too much on my mind at present ...

I was just going to delete this but do you know how long it took me to all that out ....

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Had a idea " could we not have a poll " and have like song of the week ?

Everyone who submits a song gets to vote what they think is the best song for that week ?

Oops Hilch engage brain prior to posting .... nothing stopping me from voting for my song 100 times is there ...

Polls usually just let you vote once. It probably still wouldn't work, though, because people would vote for the most popular member and not for the best song. Atleast, thats what the loser would claim. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member

This board relaly shouldnt be about who's writing the best material. This is an excercise to improve personally. Make it a contest and the new comers will feel intimidated.

Lets keep the focus where it needs to be here... on personal improvement rather than individual recognition.

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

This board relaly shouldnt be about who's writing the best material. This is an excercise to improve personally. Make it a contest and the new comers will feel intimidated.

Lets keep the focus where it needs to be here... on personal improvement rather than individual recognition.

-marv

What he said

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yep, I'm with Alan & Marv on this one - before you know it we'd have accusations of vote-rigging, tactical voting, votes-for-favours....

Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, but let's keep it that way - friendly!!!

:D :D :D

Vic (Vote for me and I'll set you free!!!)

ooops....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

I think what Hilch said actually has merit in it BUT and a BIG BUT Hilch also said "Sorry forget about me stupid idea ..... "

Nothing wrong with what we have ....

My favourite saying saying applies here

" IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT '

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote