Clear all

WK 26 (Again!) - Everybody Lies.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I thought I'd have a second shot at this week's topic - I'm still working on a second recording of "Masquerade," got the rhythm and bass guitars done, I'll finish it in the morning (hopefully!) - but earlier in the week, I had an idea for another song - put it on the back-burner, but it wanted to come out....

This one's inspired by a certain Richard M Nixon - I'm sure those of you of a, ahem, certain age will remember the quote I've worked in there....(I'm not sure if it was BY ol' Tricky Dicky, or ABOUT him....if anyone knows the origin, I'd love to know....!)

Everybody Lies.

Politicians are less than honest from the start,
They lie all of the time, they got it down to an art,
Smile in your face, and tell you, "Straight from the heart!"

Lawyers lie, they're paid to bewilder and bemuse,
And to mitigate, the false deeds of the accused,
They have no consciences, no scruples and no virtues.

Lovers lie, and cheat on each other at will,
Never satisfied, always looking for new thrills,
Don't care who's hurt, or who's left footing the bill.

Some people can lie, with dignity and grace,
Others lie, and laugh right in your face,
But everybody lies, trying to put you in your place,

(But remember)

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
And you can fool all of the people some of the time,
But you can't fool all of the people, all of the time.

Got the music in my head for this - it's a fairly straight-forward 12-bar shuffle, but the last section is just a little faster and a little quieter.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Vic

There's a great song about featuring Richard Nixon by James Taylor of the Hourglass CD called Line 'em Up. Great song as well

This is quite a good piece you've got here, works well and is a good interpretation of the assignment. Like Pete I'm having a bit of trouble with the rhythm but that is 'cos I'm working at the moment and have no guitar handy.

Good stuff can't wait to hear it.

Bob :wink:

PS Did Mourinho have a huge bowl of sour grapes after that match or what - one team in it indeed. We snuffed out their supply lines. Lampard was played out of the game. Drogba was just poor. And how can somebody who's spent that much money on a team have it handicapped so severely by the loss of one centre half? Liverpool played out of their collective skins and earned their place in the final.

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote