Clear all

Wk 49 - some titles.....

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well given the way things are going at the moment, I'll have to throw in a couple or so of bluesy titles......

They Said It Wouldn't Last (And They Were Right)

No-one On My Side

Get Out Of My Life

So Who Gets The Dogs?

Jeez, those titles are depressing - think I'll go and listen to Leonard Cohen, cheer myself up a bit....

:D :D :D

Vic

(By the way, when this sort of collaborative effort's been tried before, I always passed - not my favourite way of writing songs by a long chalk.... but while it's Bob's last couple of weeks, I thought I'd make the effort....)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh and one more I just thought of....

(Been Blue So Long) Black Looks Bright To Me

(Smilies? Razor Blades might be more apt......watch out Leonard Cohen!)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Well given the way things are going at the moment, I'll have to throw in a couple or so of bluesy titles......

No-one On My Side

Get Out Of My Life

So Who Gets The Dogs?

Jeez, those titles are depressing - think I'll go and listen to Leonard Cohen, cheer myself up a bit....

Vic

(By the way, when this sort of collaborative effort's been tried before, I always passed - not my favourite way of writing songs by a long chalk.... but while it's Bob's last couple of weeks, I thought I'd make the effort....)

OK. I read the song titles and went in search of my son's Nerf gun. Although I have a headache from repaated shots to the head, I'm happy to say I'm still here. :wink:

They Said It Wouldn't Last (And They Were Right) - I gave this one some thought but alas, it screams "relationship". Not sure if there's any way around that.

No-one On My Side - Maybe someone recovering from a Nerf war? LOL- The thing that jumped out at me is "Which side is the right side?" I dunno...maybe something there to work with.

Get Out Of My Life - Vic, given my recent change in marital status, I gotta stop hangin out with you man. :P

So Who Gets The Dogs? - "I've been driving all night and thinking....who gets the dogs?" This has Truck Driver Divorce (thank you Frank Zappa) written all over it.

I'm gonna go self medicate myself to sleep with some Bayer Asprin now....

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member

No-one On My Side
Get Out Of My Life
So Who Gets The Dogs?
Vic
:cry: sniff, sniff.
OK. Since they all, on the surface say one thing, lets try some lateral thinking . . .

Not being able to play barre chords
Being content with the guitar I have at the moment
This obsession with guitar playing (need to change the bracketed bit to: they were wrong!!)
The war in Iraq (ditto brackets)
The affair between Abramovich & Mourino (sorry - British football in-joke)

No-one On My Side
A chess or table tennis song
Something Dubya might sing to himself

Get Out Of My Life
Final bust up with my credit card
Anti-spam song

So Who Gets The Dogs?
. . . your turn - theyve escaped again.

There you are - not so depressing after all :)

Cheers
Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

ReplyQuote